[SOLVED] Is it possible to use different gateway behaviours for different plans?

3 years 11 months ago #318653 by krileon
So it's strictly only the recurring plan that's failing? What price and duration are you using on the plan? Are you using a different initial price and duration from the regular price and duration? If so what are those values as well? Owner ID wouldn't make any of this fail so there's no reason to suspect that parameter is causing this. It seams like some sort of configuration problem, but unsure where.

We now have two test user records - they are very similar but distinct. One gets through to paypal (regardless of browser, btw) and the other doesn't! We've compared Joomla and CB info and we can see no obvious differences that might affect payments... Any ideas?

Is both their usernames just plain alphanumeric characters? If one has special characters it maybe the basket item line being sent to PayPal with their username in it causing it to be rejected by PayPal.

Are there any logs for the failed payment attempt in CBSubs > History Log or failed notifications in CBSubs > Notifications? If so please PM backend super administrator login credentials and will review those logs.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JerryK132

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 11 months ago #318658 by JerryK132
Yes, only recurring.
Monthly Membership monthly-membership GBP 4.00 1 month unlimited - No initial validity
Pricing page, Logs and Notifications attached.

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

Usernames are alphanumeric.

Hope this helps
Attachments:

3 years 11 months ago #318664 by krileon
Strange, I don't know what more to suggest. Everything from CBSubs end looks fine. Please PM backend super administrator credentials as well as your test user credentials where this is failing and will take a look, but it's most likely something failing on PayPals end; probably just a setting in your seller preferences.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 10 months ago #318688 by krileon
Have reviewed your install and appears to be failing due to the zip code. PayPal doesn't seam to like the postal code format of "## ###", which is valid for the postal code of the user. This information isn't really relevant or necessary for PayPal though since recurring payments require a PayPal account. I've turned off sending of that information to PayPal and seams to have resolved the issue. I've also created a bug ticket as that ideally should be working fine and could be an API usage issue on our end.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8023

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: JerryK132

3 years 10 months ago #318694 by JerryK132
Many thanks for this. Much appreciated.

I did wonder whether we needed to send the address and the other fields to PayPal as they are often poorly filled in or not at all - PayPal asks the user for data it requires anyway. Interestingly, I think we had valid postcodes in our test cases and yet one worked and the other did not. So the formatting chars made the difference.

Great you sorted it out so quickly. We and our service users will be very happy!

Jerry
[Ex-résident du Pt Saconnex (GE)]
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #318975 by JerryK132
You won't believe this, but since yesterday we are again getting subscription (not just for recurring payments) PayPal error message on entry to PP - same as before (Please try later...etc). Nothing has changed. So I've refreshed all our CB plug-ins, but same applies.

Here is the PP url: www.paypal.com/webapps/shoppingcart/error?flowlogging_id=c80ac5007eaac&code=DEPRECATED_PARAM_MODIFY

I'll upgrade your permission to access the site.

PS - if this persists, should i Start a new thread as this one is marked solved, or should we keep all the info together? Or should I change the Subject field?

Thanks again

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.235 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn