[#8144] Select Connection in New Message window is unreadable

3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #320142 by boyjahq
When someone want to send a New Message from their profile to another user there is an option to select users from their connections. But when they click that icon, the menu that shows is a long list of single characters that is not easily readable. I am using standard default templates for both JOOMLA and for Community Builder. See the attached screen shot for reference.

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 7 months ago #320144 by krileon
Looks like a CSS conflict. Not seeing that issue in my tests locally or on our demo site below.

demo.cbdemosites.com/

What browser are you using? Do you see same issue on our demo site?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 7 months ago #320145 by boyjahq
Using most current version of Safari on Mac (which is the most commonly used browser in Japan). I tried it with Firefox and it looks as expected.

3 years 7 months ago #320149 by krileon
Safari is sadly the new internet explorer. Support for it isn't really guaranteed anymore, because they're not keeping up with web standards. There is no windows version of Safari anymore due to Apples own doing and I don't own Apple products. So I have no means of being able to test and fix this. You can try the below quickfix to force a minimum width to the dropdown options.

.cb_template.select2-container--bootstrap > .select2-dropdown {
	min-width: 200px !important;
}

It's possible this has been fixed in our select2 jQuery plugin which is powering that dropdown though and will see if any updates for it are available.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: boyjahq

3 years 7 months ago #320221 by boyjahq
Of note is that altering the page size even the smallest amount makes the menu suddenly appear properly.

After changing the page size (doesn't matter if you make it larger or smaller), the menu continues to display correctly, even if you again alter the page size or click and unclick the button

3 years 6 months ago #320228 by krileon
Very strange, have added a bug ticket to review the sizing code to see if there could be a bug there but as I don't have a means of testing Safari I won't be able to guarantee a fix. The CSS above should work as a temporary solution for now though.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8144

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn