Photo Gallery uploaded photo buttons error - Delete/Save/Done

3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #321332 by boyjahq
In CB Photo Gallery, when a user uploads a photo, there are 3 buttons presented to them Delete, Save and Done:

If the user clicks the Save button (which is intuitive), they are taken to a new page:

Which gives the same options as the previous page, but none of them seem to do anything. Clicking any of the buttons leaves them on that page with no clear means of escape, as all Joomla framework is gone so there are no menus or links or other ways of getting off of this page.

If, however, they happen to click the Done button on the first screen after upload (which is NOT intuitive given that there is a Save button above that), then everything seems to work as one would expect. The photo is added to their gallery and they are taken back to the photo gallery tab in their user profile.

Joomla and all CB related items are most current versions. Also, I tested it as a demo user on the CB demo site and it was the same situation. I tried it with Safari and with Firefox.

Please help me understand if what I have described above is everything working as it should or if there is some kind of error. If it working as it is supposed to, please tell me how to hide the Delete and Save buttons so that they only have the Done button option.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 5 months ago #321334 by krileon
Was able to confirm there's a bug with the JS not rebinding. Have added a bug ticket to investigate and fix.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8229

please tell me how to hide the Delete and Save buttons so that they only have the Done button option.

You can't. Save and Delete are to delete the upload and Save is to save any changes made to the upload. There is no hiding them. At this time that is how it is designed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 5 months ago #321335 by krileon
This is now fixed in latest CB Gallery release.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: boyjahq

3 years 5 months ago #321345 by boyjahq
Works like it did before. Thank you!

Just to confirm: the "Save" button saves any modifications that have been made but remains on the edit/uploaded image screen, while the Done button saves and returns to the Photo Gallery tab. Is that essentially correct?

3 years 5 months ago #321352 by krileon
The Done button does not save any changes.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn