[SOLVED] CB Firefox conflict?

3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #322260 by cez
[SOLVED] CB Firefox conflict? was created by cez
Hi,
In brief:
Unable to access profile menu items from the front end:
position Canvas Menu: Edit, Connection, etc.
position Canvas Main Middle: Blogs, Invites, Forums, etc.
the list (ex. Update Your Profile, Manage Your Connections) does not expand in Firefox (current lastest version 84.0.1)
Works fine in Chrome and Edge

demo.cbdemosites.com (2021.01.04 11.00 a.m.)
Joomla version: 3.9.23.
CB version:2.4.7+build.2021.01.01.03.24.18.d30e897c9

I noticed on my test environment, it worked fine, but after upgrading to the latest versions of Joomla! and CB stoped. Also tested today at demo.cbdemosites.com and the effect is the same. Tested on several computers with Firefox 84.0.1 (32 and 64 bit) but only Polish win and browser version so I'm not sure if there is a similar problem in other language versions?

Best wishes
cez
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 4 months ago #322261 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Firefox conflict?
We've another topic with the same issue below.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/243350-why-is-there-an-empty-hamburger-menu-icon-on-mobile-devices?start=12

I've tested Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and Chrome for Android as all working fine. I've retested again here and still works fine in Firefox. I've the same version of Firefox as you. Try disabling all Firefox extensions and retrying as maybe there's some odd conflict from an extension.

Will continue to investigate this further, but so far I don't have any leads as to what is causing this for specific users.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 4 months ago #322265 by krileon
Ok, was able to find the cause. The window load event we're using to bind tooltips sometimes fails on Firefox. Not sure why, but am reviewing alternative ways to bind the tooltips to fix the issue.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8328

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 4 months ago #322266 by krileon
This should now be fixed in latest build release. Demo site will be updated in an hour or so when it refreshes.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

3 years 4 months ago #322275 by cez
Replied by cez on topic CB Firefox conflict?
Thanks a lot, I confirm everything is working properly now. :)

Sorry, I didn't notice this thread about "hamburger menu" maybe because when I shrinked the page to "3-line hamburger menu" on my computer the menu expanded normally. It stopped working when the page was larger, when I saw the 3 dot "kebab" menu.

Thanks again for the quick fix!
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.264 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn