Multi language email notifications

3 years 2 months ago #322920 by boyjahq
Multi language email notifications was created by boyjahq
Is there a way to have various email notifications be sent using the language preference of the receiver rather than the sender? Our member have specified the language they prefer for using the site in the language parameters setting at time of registration and mostly they get automatic notifications in their preferred language. But in cases such as, for example, replying to a personal message from the English side but the reply is going to someone on the Japanese side, the language of FROM_HAS_REPLIED_MESSAGE is in the language of the sender, not the receiver.

Is there a way to specify that notifications be sent in via the language string of the recipient's language rather than the sender's?

It is the same with EMAIL_NOTE_AUTOMATIC_GENERATION. It seems (mostly) to be based on the sender's language (or the sites default language, which is set to English). It would be great if the language of this string could be determined by the recipient's chosen language.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 2 months ago #322929 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Multi language email notifications

Is there a way to have various email notifications be sent using the language preference of the receiver rather than the sender?

That should already be the case for most emails.

But in cases such as, for example, replying to a personal message from the English side but the reply is going to someone on the Japanese side, the language of FROM_HAS_REPLIED_MESSAGE is in the language of the sender, not the receiver.

Are there any other emails doing this as well? If possible please provide a list of emails doing this that you're aware of and will check to make sure they're doing the language switch before processing the language strings.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 2 months ago #323096 by boyjahq
Replied by boyjahq on topic Multi language email notifications

Are there any other emails doing this as well? If possible please provide a list of emails doing this that you're aware of and will check to make sure they're doing the language switch before processing the language strings.

UE_CONNECTIONPENDSUB and UE_CONNECTIONPENDMSG are delivered in the language of the sender, not the receiver.

Also, how can we get this particular email to be in HTML format? Replacing line returns with <br /> in the above language overrides simply displays <br /> in the message and line breaks are no longer created.

We are going through and trying to change all emails to HTML format as per your suggestion in response to another one of my threads (www.joomlapolis.com/forum/255-developer-members-support/243517-modify-the-contents-of-email-notification-of-new-private-message#322907)

As a result, this particular email now also contains the email footer EMAIL_NOTE_AUTOMATIC_GENERATION that is in HTML format, which is not processed as HTML and so shows <br /> instead of line breaks.

3 years 2 months ago #323122 by krileon

UE_CONNECTIONPENDSUB and UE_CONNECTIONPENDMSG are delivered in the language of the sender, not the receiver.

Ok, I see why. Those strings are parsed before being sent to email API so the language switch isn't applied to them. Have added a bug ticket to fix.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8374

Also, how can we get this particular email to be in HTML format? Replacing line returns with <br /> in the above language overrides simply displays <br /> in the message and line breaks are no longer created.

Those notifications are already HTML notifications, but looks like wrong mode is being passed to email API. Have made a note to fix that with the language switch issue.

As a result, this particular email now also contains the email footer EMAIL_NOTE_AUTOMATIC_GENERATION that is in HTML format, which is not processed as HTML and so shows <br /> instead of line breaks.

Yup, that's due to the wrong mode being send to email API noted above.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 2 months ago #323124 by krileon
This is now fixed in latest CB Auto Actions release. The Email auto action type will now attempt to set the language based off recipient as long as there is only 1 recipient. For multiple recipients it won't be able to do this.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: boyjahq

3 years 2 months ago #323161 by boyjahq
Replied by boyjahq on topic Multi language email notifications

This is now fixed in latest CB Auto Actions release. The Email auto action type will now attempt to set the language based off recipient as long as there is only 1 recipient. For multiple recipients it won't be able to do this.

UE_CONNECTIONPENDSUB and UE_CONNECTIONPENDMSG are from the language file in components/com_comprofiler/plugin/language. They are generated by the Connections plugin. Is that related to Auto Actions? These notifications are still being delivered in the language of the sender, not the receiver. And the EMAIL_NOTE_AUTOMATIC_GENERATION text is still being sent as text and not HTML.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn