Auto-recurring Stripe payment doesn't seem to work

3 years 2 months ago #323095 by cliffvt
We have a peculiar issue with some auto recurring payments don't seem to update subscription records or create any payment baskets/payment etc. We use Stripe, user is on a plan that allows auto-recurring and Stripe reports the Webhook was successful, but it seems for some reason it is not actioned (basket or subscription not updated) - see error messages in CB below. I am unsure what to do as some of our memberships keep expiring but they haver paid and it seems pretty random...

Where can I start looking for the problem please? Any idea?

See successful transaction in Stripe enclosed
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #323098 by krileon
Looks like you've IPNs throwing mismatch errors. This typically means the signature check failed. Please ensure the "Stripe webhook Signing Secret" is configured correctly with no leading/trailing spaces, etc..

For a solution to their subscription being inactive while having paid while debugging this force their subscription to be renewed in CB > User Management by editing their user.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #323100 by cliffvt
Thanks for your response - i did check that - its 100% ok - we have thousands of successful IPN's - its rather random (by a high degree) for some reason...

If you look at the notifications from CB Subs below you will see that its random... some work, some don't

ADDED:

I just did a refund for this person on Stripe to test and the webhook worked fine it seems - so yes, very random! (see below)
Attachments:

3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #323101 by cliffvt
Can I send you some confidential stuff - is there an email address to use? I starting to believe there is a problem with the Stripe plugin - In doing a recon on Stripe for payments actually received from a single person, there are 6 more on stripe than shows in CB Subs, and when I made the refunds for the 6 overpayments from Stripe - it updated and refunded the wrong ones in CB.. It shows 2 not refunded ones as refunded...

3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #323108 by krileon
Please PM backend super users login credentials and will take a look. Link to PM me can be found in my forum signature. That's certainly not an issue being seen in testing so I'm not sure what's causing that.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #323446 by krileon
Have reviewed your install and seams like several subscriptions are flagged wrong. Specifically the following.

Autorecurring Type

That should be set to "Autorecurring without notifications". You however have no subscriptions in CBSubs > Subscriptions with auto recurring enabled. Something is causing recurring on CBSubs end to turn off for those baskets, which is causing the fraud protection to kick in.

I've started a new recurring test with Stripe that should clear tomorrow as has a 1 day duration to reconfirm this is working. Within your Stripe account please be sure on the Developers page your account is using the latest Stripe API version, which should be 2020-08-27.

What's strange is you've a lot of web_accept payments coming through for what is supposed to be recurring baskets. This is what's causing the recurring to get toggled off. I'm not seeing this behavior in my tests. For example for the user Yann3 you'll notice a recurring payment with a type of subscr_signup came through then immediately after that a web_accept came through. That shouldn't be happening.

Looks like that delay during the payment process on Stripes end causes another webhook to be sent, but CBSubs Stripe isn't handling that webhook correctly. Am working on reviewing this further as will probably need to apply some fixes to CBSubs Stripe to correctly handle those webhooks. I'm not seeing such a webhook in my tests though.

Edit: In the web_accept webhook 'api_version' => '2019-09-09' is preset. This suggests that the API version at Stripe is significantly out of date. Try updating to latest and see if that resolves your problem as it could be an issue on Stripes end.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.251 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn