Restricting connections to some user groups/plans

3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #323179 by pastoweb
Is it possible to limit the connection feature only to users from some subscription plans?

I want paying members to be able to create connections with anyone, while free members shouldn't be able to request connections with others.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 2 months ago #323180 by krileon
There's no ACL for connections feature. All registered users have access to it when enabled. Only way to restrict it with CBSubs is to use the By URL Part protection provided by CBSubs Content and directly block access to the connection request URLs.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 2 months ago #323181 by pastoweb
Thanks, I'm looking at CBSubs content plugin but can't find any parameter to edit, where can I manage this feature?

3 years 2 months ago #323186 by krileon
Edit your plan in CBSubs > Plans then under Integrations > Extensions you can configure the By URL Part protection. Below is the URL for sending a connection request.

option=com_comprofiler&view=addconnection

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 2 months ago #323208 by pastoweb
Found it, I added the URL in a plan, but nothing changes in any plan: the user still see the link

I also tryied commenting the value:
option=com_comprofiler&view=/addconnection/

Am I missing something?

3 years 2 months ago #323209 by krileon
They will still see the links to request a connection, but they shouldn't work. It should redirect them to subscribe to the plan. The URL you need to protect is exactly as follows.

option=com_comprofiler&view=addconnection

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn