Template styling

3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #323219 by pastoweb
Template styling was created by pastoweb
Is there an easy way to make CB inherit styles from the installed Joomla template, or should I edit all the the CB styles to reflect the main template?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #323220 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Template styling
If the Joomla template is a Bootstrap 4 template simply turn off CBs Bootstrap in CB > Configuration > Integrations. Otherwise no there is not a way for it to automatically style based off Joomla template. The best I could suggest as an alternative is to use CB Template Changer and its Template Builder feature to generate custom templates for CB with the color theme that matches best.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 1 month ago #323222 by pastoweb
Replied by pastoweb on topic Template styling
Mmm no my template (Purity iii by joomlart) uses Bootstrap 3
I will play with the template changer and see what happens, thanks

3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #323224 by pastoweb
Ok, now I installed the template changer but apart for a couple of options in the plugin settings I don't see any other feature and I don't really understand what it is for and how it works, sorry...
Any documentation?

3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #323238 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Template styling
Within CB > Plugin Management click the Templates button under CB Template Changer. From there you can create new templates. Under the Theme tab is where you can customize the colors. Once you are done click Compile Template and save it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #323256 by pastoweb
I've seen that the template changer don't allow for template edit and recompiling, and there seems not to be a preview option, so to create a template a see where changes are applied I guess I should try several times to see what happens in the frontend
Unless I'm missing something, but I can't find any documentation

Guys CB is really great on many aspects, but in future releases please consider a global rework of the frontend template logics for better compatibility with other templates and easier customizations
Just my 2 cents however! :)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds