Issue with Joomlart T4 templates and cbpaidsubsbot

3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #323310 by pastoweb
Hi, it seems there is some issue with the plugin "cbpaidsubsbot" and templates using the new Joomlart T4 framework

If this specific CB plugin is enabled, then the template won't load the megamenu features.
Disabling cbpaidsubsbot from extension manager, the megamenu loads and works fine.

I tried disabling most of my template's extension and finally isolated the issue only with this plugin.

With the previous T3 framework it works fine

Here is a testing website with the issue: testsite.formalms.org/. The template is clean and not modified, and I verified the same issue also using the pure framework without template customizations.
The production website with the same version of CB and the T3 template still works fine: www.formalms.org

I'm not really understanding how cbpaidsubsbot and the loading of the JS/bootstrap 4 menu system might be related, could you give any advice to fix the issue?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 2 months ago #323317 by krileon

With the previous T3 framework it works fine

and templates using the new Joomlart T4 framework

Based off this it would seam it's something they've changed in T4 that's causing the conflict. The CBSubs Joomla plugin is acting on standard Joomla events expecting standard Joomla information and has not changed for a very long time.

Try enabling debug mode and maximum error reporting in Joomla global configuration and see if any errors output. We do not provide support for 3rd party extensions nor do we review 3rd party conflicts. So unless there's an error pointing at CBSubs there isn't anything else I can suggest beyond contact the developer of your template for them to take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 2 months ago #323318 by pastoweb
Thanks, I understand your position, when conflicts happen it's hard to say what's happenning and debugging takes time.
I'm already discussing the issue also with the template framework developers and I guess they will say the same thing...

I turned on debug mode at maximum level with error reporting and still not seeing anything, but maybe you could just give a look at the debug info on the page and tell me if you notice something strange?

testsite.formalms.org/

Thanks

3 years 2 months ago #323322 by krileon
If it was CBSubs breaking I'd be more inclined to investigate, but it's not. I can't investigate something I didn't create. I've no idea what megamenu even is. What part of megamenu is failing is only something the developer of it can tell you. To me it just looks like its JS never bound to the module.

To see if it's CBSubs Content specifically doing this uninstall CBSubs Content in CB > Plugin Management while leaving the CBSubs Joomla plugin (cbpaidsubsbot) published. If issue persists then it isn't any of CBSubs Joomla event behavior that could be causing it unless it's the substitutions parsing on onContentPrepare event for whatever reason.

If it does work after uninstalling CBSubs Content plugin then the below are the events we're acting on.

onAfterRender (just applying a j1.6 fix only relevant to j1.6)
onContentBeforeDisplay (performing article access check only on com_content.article context)
onAfterRoute (just initializes CBSubs, does nothing else)
onAfterDispatch (checks if module is being protected by a plan)
onBeforeDisplayContent (same as onContentBeforeDisplay)

So my only suspicion would be the module plan protection in onAfterDispatch, but if the module isn't protected by a plan it doesn't do anything.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #323327 by pastoweb
Ok thanks for addressing me to this further test
I'm looking to upgrade my template to get bootstrap 4 compatibility and a easier layout integration with CB, as recently discussed in another thread.

I uninstalled CBSubs Content while leaving cbpaidsubsbot and it works fine, so I guess it is something related to the onAfterDispatch event

On the site I have modules displayed based on the subscribed plan, so maybe that's the point but still I don't know what to do next

Just to let you know, I also sent these details to the template framework developers: www.joomlart.com/forums/d/34658-megamenu-on-t4/16

3 years 2 months ago #323329 by krileon
Are you protecting the menu module with CBSubs? I don't know what to suggest, sorry. This is the first report of this problem so they're doing something different with their module compared to core Joomla modules and other 3rd party modules that isn't accounted for.

Just to let you know, I also sent these details to the template framework developers: www.joomlart.com/forums/d/34658-megamenu-on-t4/16

Site doesn't load for me in Chrome due to fatal JS error as follows.

IN: /forums/assets/forum-e3efc00d.js
ON: Line 42913
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'filter' of undefined
    at diffTags (forum-e3efc00d.js:42913)
    at Function.initProps (forum-e3efc00d.js:42920)
    at Function.component (forum-e3efc00d.js:19544)
    at forum-e3efc00d.js:25717
    at Array.map (<anonymous>)
    at PostStream.view (forum-e3efc00d.js:25710)
    at PostStream.object.<computed> (forum-e3efc00d.js:29094)
    at PostStream.render (forum-e3efc00d.js:19488)
    at DiscussionPage.view (forum-e3efc00d.js:21897)
    at DiscussionPage.render (forum-e3efc00d.js:19488)

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.308 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn