CB Gallery module suddenly stopped showing photos

3 years 1 month ago #323482 by boyjahq
I sent backend super user credentials and related info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 1 month ago #323501 by krileon
Ok, was able to confirm the condition on the tab that contains your gallery field is what is blocking it. Will reproduce locally and get a better idea as to what is happening. For now just leave the module asset as %.%.field.107.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #323502 by krileon
Ok, what's happening is when CB Gallery generates the primary asset for the gallery it will do so as profile.USER_ID.field.107 then check access to the tab and its field. If you're not logged in this would be profile.0.field.107 for example. So a guest user doesn't meet your condition resulting in the gallery field being inaccessible to them. That's actually working as expected so I may not have a solution beyond you using double wildcard to skip the field access check. The reason you didn't have this issue before is that behavior wasn't working right.

Typically the best way to avoid a gallery being access checked against a field is to use a custom asset. For example host.[user_id] would probably best fit your usage. Then you'd just use host.% in your module, which should skip the access checking behavior.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: boyjahq

3 years 1 month ago #323520 by boyjahq
That works. Thank you for your great help!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.249 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn