Trash can for deleted messages in CB Private Message System

3 years 1 month ago #323758 by boyjahq
After changing from UDDEIM to CB Private Message System, some of our members are asking about the trash can for deleted messages that they used to have. It seems that many times they will accidentally delete a message and are glad to be able to retrieve it from the trash can box in UDDEIM. Is there such a thing in CB Private Message System? The one for UDDEIM allowed us to set a time limit that messages are retained in the trash box until they are automatically deleted.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 1 month ago #323766 by krileon
There is no trash can functionality in CBs private message system. I don't see how they could accidently delete a message. Deleting a message is under a dropdown and requires confirmation.

Our current release of CBs PMS feature is the first step to moving away from an email-lite implementation like UddeIMs it will be a full blown conversation or chat-lite feature in CB 3.x likely with a new integration called CB Conversations or as part of CB Activity (likely not as CB Activity has become monolithic and I want to split its features into individual plugins).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: boyjahq

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn