User list search field multi drop down don't saves value

2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #324459 by ericmuc
Hi,
I have a query multi drop down field in the user search and the list parameters "Search crieteria"
are "simply any words".
By this I found users who have for example 4 values stored in that field and choosing only one of them in the user list search field.
But unfortunately the value is not saved in the search as in other fields.
Can you check that please?
Thanks, best regards
Eric

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 11 months ago #324460 by ericmuc
In addition to that query multi drop down field I have following question:

I am using your suggested auto action with
$( '#cbfr_210 select' ).cbselect();
to get a select field. That is very good.

But in the user list the field shows the empty type in area for the search and if I set the cursor into that that fied, a list is shown in which the first entry is "No preference".

That is another design as in a query single drop down field:
Here is shown "No preference" at the beginning and if I set the cursor into that field a list is shown in which the first entry is the search box and below the "No preference" and the further values below. This is a better design, I think.

Is it possible to get with the multi drop down field the same design as it is in the single drop down field?
Attachments:

2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #324461 by ericmuc
2. addition:

I think you told me already that an ordering of the items choosen in a Query Drop Down (Multi-select) list is not possible, but my question is, whether it is possible in the future to extend the code of this field so that the rearranged tags with mouse or finger in touch devices are saved in the new order. Every choosen value/tag must get an extra order id which is changed by dropping it between the choosen tags. May be it is too complicate but the function would be cool and I would need that.

(by searching in the internet I found something in this way: stackoverflow.com/questions/14018246/sorting-multiple-select-dropdown-options-using-jquery)

I tried to get this function with a field group with Query Drop Down (Single-select). Here the user can add multiple times the same Query Drop Down (Single-select) field and he can rearrange them and can make a priority list. But I learned that a field group with some of the Query Drop Down (Single-select) fields is too slow (opening the ajax editing takes too long time). So it would be good to have the function described above.

Thanks, best regards
Eric
Attachments:

2 years 11 months ago #324466 by krileon

By this I found users who have for example 4 values stored in that field and choosing only one of them in the user list search field.

Don't understand what you mean by this. Not saved in the search? You mean searching a query select field doesn't work at all? Please be sure your install is completely up to date.

Is it possible to get with the multi drop down field the same design as it is in the single drop down field?

No, multi-select and single select function very differently. Especially since you're applying cbselect to them which will turn multi-select into a tag like field.

I think you told me already that an ordering of the items choosen in a Query Drop Down (Multi-select) list is not possible, but my question is, whether it is possible in the future to extend the code of this field so that the rearranged tags with mouse or finger in touch devices are saved in the new order. Every choosen value/tag must get an extra order id which is changed by dropping it between the choosen tags. May be it is too complicate but the function would be cool and I would need that.

There is no support for changing the order of the options in a dropdown. There are no plans to ever support this at this time. Tag fields will let them supply custom values in the order they enter them in, but they will not be able to drag and drop change the order of which there is no plans for such a feature at this time.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #324473 by ericmuc

Don't understand what you mean by this. Not saved in the search? You mean searching a query select field doesn't work at all? Please be sure your install is completely up to date.

Please see the attached screenshots:
before search: multi-select (above) = 3D animator - single select (below) = Algeria
after search: multi-select (above) = ?????? - single select (below) = Algeria

????? = no entry is shown after the search

Thanks, best regards
Eric
Attachments:

2 years 11 months ago #324475 by ericmuc

No, multi-select and single select function very differently. Especially since you're applying cbselect to them which will turn multi-select into a tag like field.

Thanks for this answer, but I would need same design in such search fields. Can I add a autoaction cbselect to a single select drop down or something like this? Is it too complicate to change cbselect of multi-select to show in the field not input feld but "No preference"? Can I do this for myself? Where is the code for that?

Thanks, best regards
Eric

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn