User list search field multi drop down don't saves value

2 years 11 months ago #324476 by ericmuc

I think you told me already that an ordering of the items choosen in a Query Drop Down (Multi-select) list is not possible, but my question is, whether it is possible in the future to extend the code of this field so that the rearranged tags with mouse or finger in touch devices are saved in the new order. Every choosen value/tag must get an extra order id which is changed by dropping it between the choosen tags. May be it is too complicate but the function would be cool and I would need that.

There is no support for changing the order of the options in a dropdown. There are no plans to ever support this at this time. Tag fields will let them supply custom values in the order they enter them in, but they will not be able to drag and drop change the order of which there is no plans for such a feature at this time.

Thanks! Your wrote "Tag fields will let them supply custom values in the order they enter them in," that would be a solution, static, but if the order of choosen values is shown and not the alphabetical order, that would be a advantage, also without drag and drop. How can I establish this order of the choosen values.

I mean:

Choosen bbb, aaa
Now shown -> aaa, bbb
Better shown -> bbb, aaa

Thanks, best regards
Eric

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 11 months ago #324477 by krileon

Please see the attached screenshots:
before search: multi-select (above) = 3D animator - single select (below) = Algeria
after search: multi-select (above) = ?????? - single select (below) = Algeria

Was able to confirm there's a bug of some kind going on here. It only applies to multi-select when multiple values are selected. Have added a bug ticket to fix.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8470

Thanks for this answer, but I would need same design in such search fields. Can I add a autoaction cbselect to a single select drop down or something like this? Is it too complicate to change cbselect of multi-select to show in the field not input feld but "No preference"? Can I do this for myself? Where is the code for that?

I've already explained how to use cbselect on your select fields in your below topic.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/255-developer-members-support/243008-autocomplete-with-multilanguage?start=6#323330

If you want it to also apply to search output of a select field use the onBeforeDisplayUsersList trigger in your auto action.

Thanks! Your wrote "Tag fields will let them supply custom values in the order they enter them in," that would be a solution, static, but if the order of choosen values is shown and not the alphabetical order, that would be a advantage, also without drag and drop. How can I establish this order of the choosen values.

You can't, as I said it's for custom values they enter. Values chosen from the dropdown will always be in the order that they are in within the dropdown.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 11 months ago #324480 by krileon
Ok, the searching issue is now fixed in latest CB Query Field build release.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant, ericmuc

2 years 11 months ago #324549 by ericmuc
Hi,
I have still a question hereto:

Thanks for this answer, but I would need same design in such search fields. Can I add a autoaction cbselect to a single select drop down or something like this? Is it too complicate to change cbselect of multi-select to show in the field not input feld but "No preference"? Can I do this for myself? Where is the code for that?

Let me explain, what I mean:
1) I have two fields: 1x single select drop down and 1x multi select drop down (both with cbselect also for the user list view - onBeforeDisplayUsersList trigger in your auto action)
2) in search they show different design:
a) single select drop down
"No preference" is shown, if you set the cursor in the field, the search field and below the value list with "No preference" at the top is shown
b) multi select drop down
search field is shown, if you set the cursor in the field, the search field remains and below the value list with "No preference" at the top is shown

The user list search area shows by this two differently designed fields, one show "No preference", the other the search field. Both show the same, if the cursor is set in the field.

So it would be good, if the multi select drop down field shows also "No preference" at the beginning, like the single select drop down field.

(Morerover, currently the multi select drop down field shows first the search field and after setting the cursor in the field the "No preference" as a choosable value. That makes no sense.)

So in my opinion it would be better to have these two fields in the same design. Can you check this please?

Thanks, best regards
Eric

2 years 11 months ago #324550 by krileon
For a multiselect converted to a CB Select the only way to have an "empty" option is to use a placeholder value. A multiselect with cbselect becomes a tags field. It will never have the same design as a single select as they're two completely different usages. You can set the placeholder at the same time as your JS being initialized as follows.

$( 'SELECTOR_HERE' ).cbselect({ placeholder: 'No preference' });

If you need additional changes to the available options in the dropdown you're going to have to write the necessary JS to modify the select element.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: ericmuc

2 years 11 months ago #324551 by ericmuc
Hi,
Thanks! That is a solution where I can live with. Good.
My question is: is there a documentation available where I can find such code / suggestions to change fields with autoactions?
Best regards
Eric

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn