CSS issue with last build 2.5.0+build.2021.04.29.15.02.30.7d834e754

2 years 11 months ago #324614 by krileon

Let me disagree with this. All mobile apps rely on sliding left and right to access uses (take iOS Apple Mail for an example)
We implemented PWA with joomla so that the website behaves like a web app and sliding menu are very user friendly.
For hints, it's easy to implement a small line under the menus as we did.

Sliding tabs shouldn't be used for critical navigation which is what our tabs are and is why it results in bad UX for us. We also needed a solution that works for desktop and sliding navigation just doesn't exist as a UX pattern for desktop. I apologize for not being more clear regarding the context of my comment, but assumed it was understood we were discussing navigation as left/right scrolling is fine for appropriate situations like filters, groups, photos, etc.. basically sets of homogeneous content.

The result is I decided to go with an overflow menu. This is similar concept to Facebook home page navigation where you've access to 5 menu items then a hamburger menu except ours is dynamic. If we were doing something like a bunch of GJ groups in a module then putting them inside of a carousal scroller instead of pushing the page down would be a good option for sliding navigation. Another good option is the buttons in CB Activity to enable features for a post or the filters in an activity stream and at some point we may utilize these techniques for mobile devices.

At any rate feel free to restyle as you need, but please keep in mind we will make styling changes and sometimes those changes may break yours. In the future it'll be easier to override CBs layouts entirely to better help avoid this as you'll just use a layout override and design whatever layout you need.

Hopefully with CB 3.x when we split our layouts into reusable components it'll be easier for you to implement customizations and we'll be designing for mobile first with CB 3.x so we'll likely be utilizing a lot of mobile techniques throughout CB, but for now we just needed something better than our awful hamburger menu that sometimes wasn't even necessary with only 1-3 tabs.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 11 months ago #324670 by activha
OK got you !

Then for simplification I follow your suggestions and come back to the more button :-)

I only have a small issue that I cannot find on the profiles. When viewed on mobiles the title is hidden and I cannot find the css issue.
Any idea on activ-ha.com/profil/57 for instance ?

2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #324671 by krileon
Looks like you're using a template generated by CB Template Changer and its Template Builder feature. Will update CB Template Changer SCSS files and release a new build. You'll then need to recompile your template in CB Template Changer to update its CSS. New build should be available sometime today.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #324678 by activha
OK have upgraded all to latest build and recompile the template. Also erased the caches.
Still have the same issue with the name disappearing on small screens and cannot figure why ? :-(

seems to come from template.css with
.cb_template .cbCanvasLayout .cbCanvasLayoutBottom .cbCanvasLayoutTitle .cbProfileTitle,
.cb_template .cbCanvasLayout .cbCanvasLayoutBottom .cbCanvasLayoutTitle .cbProfileTitle > h3 {
  margin: 0 !important;
  padding: 0 !important;
  border: 0 !important;
  font-size: inherit;
  font-weight: inherit;
  overflow: hidden;
  text-overflow: ellipsis;
  word-wrap: normal;
}

I use
[cb:if cb_company>"0"][cb:userdata field="cb_company" /] - [/cb:if]%s
for the display

BTW could you also tell me where is the translation string for the new more button ?

2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #324680 by krileon
Looks like it's a conflict with your Joomla template. Specifically the below.

IN: /templates/shaper_helixultimate/css/bootstrap.min.css?1617090540
.col {
    flex-basis: 0;
    flex-grow: 1;
    min-width: 0;
    max-width: 100%;
}

.col being forced to a min-width of 0 is what is doing it. What Bootstrap version is your Joomla template? Looks like you are strictly using the Bootstrap provided by your template which either isn't Bootstrap 4 or has modified Bootstrap 4 incorrectly breaking expected CSS for core Bootstrap classes. You can add the following CSS override to CB to workaround this, but I highly suggest making sure your templates Bootstrap CSS isn't breaking core classes.

.cb_template .col {
    min-width: auto;
}

Please keep in mind when disabling CBs Bootstrap that whatever Bootstrap you replace it with should be completely compatible. This means unmodified core classes. It's not possible for us to take into account template developers randomly modifying core Bootstrap classes.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

2 years 11 months ago #324681 by activha
Thanks for the correction
That's strange because we use bootstrap.build/app to adapt bootstrap and it's strictly bootstrap 4.5 and above.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn