Please contact site administrator to check error log.

2 years 11 months ago #324907 by AlexRag
I'm finally getting around to testing the Stripe Gateway and have some questions:

Where can I find the "error logs". The stripe dashboard indicated successful payments but the site is giving me an error message"Please contact site administrator to check error log."

I have added the test keys (publishable and secret) and wonder if the "Stripe Webhook Credentials" is also required or optional? I am guessing this it the reason I am seeing the error message.

If it required are there any tutorials to review how to get the "Stripe webhook Signing Secret"? The Stripe dashboard has steps to add an endpoint and asks for "events to send" with the option to select all.

Thanks!
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 11 months ago #324910 by krileon
The instructions for setting up Stripe are directly in the Stripe gateway. "Stripe API Credentials" and "Stripe Webhook Credentials" are not optional. They are both required. Instructions on where to find those credentials and the URL for webhooks are all provided inside the Stipe gateway.

Where can I find the "error logs". The stripe dashboard indicated successful payments but the site is giving me an error message"Please contact site administrator to check error log."

Where is it giving you this error? Was there an error logged in CBSubs > History Log with more details regarding this?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #324920 by AlexRag
Thank you. I added the webhook part and the error message has gone away. The message appeared just above the checkout info:

I have now discovered something that I am not sure is a Stripe restriction. I have set up a plan to allow members that sign up within 2 months of the actual renewal date (July 1 annually) as a bonus to continue into the next term. Id the user selects the auto-renew option, the purchase seems to have gone through however this message appears at the top of the page:

"Stripe: Trying to subscribe 405 days. Maximum supported is 365 days (1 year)."

Does this mean the "Bonus time before first period start (for calendar-based durations)" won't work with Stripe? If so, does PayPal have a similar restriction?

I'm not sure if the "subscription part" kicked except for this note in the Stripe Dashboard: "This payment successfully set up for future off-session payments".

I also just checked he test user's profile and this appears in the plan details: "Active, expiring on 06/30/2022, auto-renewing"
Attachments:

2 years 11 months ago #324923 by krileon
Stripe limits the recurring interval, which can't be mixed with other intervals without multiple pricing data rows added to a purchase which we do not have implemented at this time. So for example you can't do 1 year and 2 months. I'm not sure why that's being applied to the recurring payment though as that should just be applied to the first payment and push the start date for recurring payments accordingly. Have added a bug ticket to look into this further.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8528

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #324933 by AlexRag
Thanks for looking into it.

So is this hiccup only related to the auto-renewing aspect?

If so, will the "bonus time before first period start" still work for single payments? I'd like to can push ahead with a site launch and it would be okay for now to only set the "Enable Stripe E-Payments" to single payments only.

I can then re-enable the auto-renewal at a later date, once it's sorted out.

2 years 11 months ago #324935 by krileon
Yes, it's related to the recurring aspect of the plan. It should work as expected for single payments.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn