[SOLVED] Cron Formatting for Mailer

2 years 10 months ago - 2 years 10 months ago #325210 by AlexRag
[SOLVED] Cron Formatting for Mailer was created by AlexRag
I'm having trouble setting up the proper command for a mailer cron.

I've tried adding "wget -q -O -" before the url but that did not seems to fire the link. I'm adding this in a CPanel dashboard.

Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 10 months ago #325223 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Help needed with cron formatting
We cannot help you with hosting related issues. Your CRON task should be a wget or cURL call to the respective URL. Below are some examples, but they're old and may not be relevant to your host depending on what tools they provide. It's best to contact your host if you need help with CRON tasks.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/277-cb-paid-subscriptions-support/237481-cron-job#297853

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 10 months ago #325233 by AlexRag
Replied by AlexRag on topic Help needed with cron formatting
No worries.

I only reached out here, because my host was having trouble with it too. I ended up with the format below and set the interval to every minute for now to see, but from what I can see its still not firing. Nothing is showing up in the "Mail Queue" section, until I manually click the URL and see the on on screen message
wget -O /dev/null "URL HERE" > /dev/null 2>&1

I'll have to do some more digging around, including trying out the link you suggested. :blink:

2 years 10 months ago #325239 by AlexRag
Replied by AlexRag on topic Help needed with cron formatting
Leaving this here, in case someone comes across this post:

The cron format that worked for me, using the Cronjobs app in a Cpanel dashboard was:
curl -s "URL HERE"
This format will send you emails for as often as you set the frequency. I did this while testing and got email notices that said:
either "Processed 0 messages into the email queue." or something like "Processed 1 messages into the email queue. Sent 1 messages successfully."

To stop getting notifications change the format to:
curl -s "URL HERE" > /dev/null 2>&1
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.799 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn