Cron Job

6 years 6 months ago #297708 by jhenderson
Cron Job was created by jhenderson
I am trying to set up cron jobs through my hosting control panel, and keep getting the following error:
/bin/sh: http://www.****.com/index.php?option=com_comprofiler: No such file or directory.

This is the code I copied and pasted into the "Command" field in the Add New Cron Job section of the control panel:
http://www.****/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=pluginclass&plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions&cbpact=cbsubsclass&cbpclass=mailer&user=62&cbpmailerdo=processmailerrules&key=d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e&format=raw

When I trigger the fields manually on the Mailer Automation screen they work. What command should I be using?

Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 6 months ago #297738 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Cron Job
Contact your host for CRON setup assistance.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 6 months ago #297851 by jhenderson
Replied by jhenderson on topic Cron Job
I followed the host's guidance on how to set up the cron job, and am still getting the same error. They suggested that there is another non-html way to format the job but because they don't know about CB Subs, cannot provide that guidance. Can you at least provide some basic direction on how to create the command?

6 years 6 months ago #297853 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Cron Job
Most likely you're trying to run PHP from CRON when you need to do a wget request to that URL. The URL in the wget usage should be in quotes. Example as follows.

0 * * * * wget -O - -q -t 1 "URL_HERE"

If the above doesn't work you may need to specify path to wget as follows.

0 * * * * /usr/bin/wget -O - -q -t 1 "URL_HERE"

If cURL is available the below also might work.

0 * * * * curl -s "URL_HERE"

Beyond that please contact your host for assistance with CRON setup.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Julien04

6 years 6 months ago #297855 by jhenderson
Replied by jhenderson on topic Cron Job
Thank you!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds