[#8568] Disable renew/payment button when payment pending

2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago #325212 by boyjahq
Is there some way to disable the ability to click on the renew or subscription payment button when the user has already clicked it and chosen a method of payment such as offline payment that results in a pending payment basket? We have so many users that seem to click this numerous times while waiting for their payment to be processed. Ideally we could add text to the renew button that says something like "you have a payment pending" and they could not click it and go to a payment basket again until their payment was processed or cancelled by admins.

Or, another possibility: is there a way to remove offline payment as an option when the user has an offline payment pending, so that the only choice they have is to use the credit card or PayPal options. This would make sense for those who want to change their method of payment to something that gives them instant access to their membership after they had initially chosen offline payment.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 9 months ago #325225 by krileon
It does that to allow them to change the payment method. So for example if they use the offline payment method and decide to use PayPal instead they can and this won't do any harm to CBSubs or risk double-payment. There's no parameter to turn this off.

It would be good to have some sort of indicator of this though. Ideally it could show that payment is pending above the button or something of the sort. Have added a feature ticket to review this further.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8568

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: boyjahq

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn