CB 2.6.4 - The menulink: "View Your Profile" is sometimes not visible anymore

2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #326954 by erichburkhard
Hi I have just installed CB 2.6.4 and do some smoke tests in the context of my website. Concerning the following scenario 1 and 2 I am not sure if the behaviour in scenario 2 is a design feature or a bug:

The menu links visible just after the login are as follows:

... the context just after the login is now the starting point for the following two secenarios:

Scenario 1 - Immediately after login click on 'Manage favourites' ...now it looks like this...

Scenario 2 - Immediately after login click on 'Update your profile' ...now it looks like this ...

Now you see that the menu link: 'View Your Profile' is not visible anymore after scenario 2 but after scenario 1 it is still visible ....I think the menu link 'View your Profile" should be visible also after scenario 2 - what do you think?regards
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 5 months ago #326961 by beat
How did you create your "Community Menu" ?

I am not able to reproduce this problem, neither on a clean install, using the CB default menu*, nor on our demo-site (see "Demo" menu at top.

* CB comes with a CB-menu that is not assigned to a module by default, and which has all the correct settings:

Go to Menus -> Manage, and click on "Add a module for this menu", assigning position and save. You will see that those menu entries behave properly.

Maybe you created the menus separately, and they interfer with the default CB ones ?

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

2 years 5 months ago #327068 by erichburkhard
Hi - I have been trying to build up the CB menu structure from scratch, but somehow the result ist not what I expeted ..... so let me explan step by step what I did:

1. Create a CB menu of type: ‘communitybuilder’ --> name : 'CB Menu'
2. 'Menus' / 'Manage' 'Add a module for this menu" -> Name: ' MODULE FOR CB'
3. Edit 'MODULE FOR CB' ...... specify the position 8 (Prostar)
4. Add several CB Menu-Items for the 'CB Menu' ...now the result looks like this --> see screenshot part 'A'

....of course: If I click onto the created Menu Links this works ....BUT I wanted that the look an feel is as visible in part 'B' ....the difference between 'A' and 'B' is firstly the layout and secondly the behaviour ....'B' is also context sensitive ...that means depending on which link do you click some menu links become visible and others disappear .....Question: what can I do in order to getting the look and feel of 'B'
Attachments:

2 years 5 months ago #327069 by beat
Two quick Saturday-replies:

Instead of creating a new menu and module, it's much simpler to duplicate the existing one (e.g. copy, or edit, then "save as new". That will copy all settings.

When you create multiple menu entries for the same component/task, you should consider only having one with that and make the others of type menu aliases, so that your highlight is consistent.

Joomla's menus are more powerful than most people think. Actually, they are at the heart of Joomla's routing with the Itemid being the menu-id. Reading and understanding their basics may take you 1-2 hours, but it's a worthwile week-end read investment. ;)

docs.joomla.org/Menu

That page has a few inks to get all the relevant Joomla menus information. In particular, you may want to look into split-menus.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #327074 by erichburkhard
Hi Beat - in order to avoid poking in the fog I have analyzed after which step the 'problems' will occur. So I have done the following steps:

1. I have cleaned up the whole website instance and freshly installed an 'old' image / backup of my website
The installed version of CB was CB 2.6.2 & Joomla 3.10.0

2. I have tested if there are any issues conerning menus and / or CB menus --> result: everything works 100% perfect

3. Now I have installed the following CB package: pkg_communitybuilder_2.6.4+2021.11.03.13.53.07.9ce3e2109

4. I have tested again and now there are 'weird' inconsistencies - Please have a look at the following screenshot:

Behaviour after step 4: If I click on the (CB)menu link 'User search' (number 1) ......then the (correct) list of users will be visible (number 2) ....but the problem is that also the menu links 'Block User' / 'Send Private Message' / 'Add Favourite' are visible (number 3) ...but this makes no sense because I didn't select a certain user from the visible user list.

Conclusion: I didn't touch the menu or the menu settings. The only step I made was to load this CB package .....question: is it possible that this upgrade 'deleted' a certain setting in my website somewhere? At the moment I have absolutely no clue where to find the bug .... I think the problem is not a wrong menu or cb menu architecture ... Please help me

PS: The underlying module type of this Community Menu is: 'CB Content'
Attachments:

2 years 5 months ago #327089 by krileon
Your issue is probably due to the below.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8767

We now set the displayed profile in profile edit and per userlist row. That "View your profile" menu item in CB Menu is likely checking the displayed value, sees it has one, and hides that link since it thinks the user is viewing their profile. CB Menu is deprecated outside of profile.

Have added a bug ticket to see if this can be fixed, but As Beat suggested you should be using Joomla menu items. CB Menu will not exist in CB 3.x.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8771

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.260 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn