Avoid subscriber to renew his subscription twice

12 years 3 months ago #187201 by simon.delmotte
Avoid subscriber to renew his subscription twice was created by simon.delmotte
Hi Joomlapolis team,

I've set up plans with offline payment gateway (I'm waiting for a credit card gateway from the bank) called Student, Senior and Partner Subscription.
One can renew each plan after expiration, or upgrade to anther one at any time.

Here is my question:

After a Student (for example) subscriber has renewed his plan and paid with offline payment method, during all the time the payment status is not set to paid (in the backend), in the subscription profil tab there is always a button to renew the subscription while the renewal is pending. It is quite confusing for the user who could, by mistake, renew (and pay) a subscription many times.

But, when people upgrade for example Student plan to Senior plan, in the time between the purchase by offline payement and the actual payment, there is no confusing button to renew but a text saying 'payment is not done' and a button to 'pay now' (with another payment mehod I guess).
Is it possible to have the same for the first case (renew a subscription)?

Kind regards
Simon Delmotte

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago #187316 by krileon
It works the same as the "Pay Now", but the button isn't changed to "Pay Now". As far as I am aware there's no way to change this. As the offline payment is pending they can renew by other means if they feel like it. Is this happening so frequently it's a problem? There should be no reason for someone to renew when they've already sent in a renewal.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 months ago #187359 by simon.delmotte
Replied by simon.delmotte on topic Re: Avoid subscriber to renew his subscription twice
Hi Krileon,

Thank you for your reply.
I like CBSubs. It is a very very powerfull extension (and thus a bit hard to manage).
Yet, I think the payment status displayed in the profile tab when subscribing with offline payment method (which is preferd by many institutional clients like schools, research centers…) could be improved. In the next version may be ;)

Kind regards
Simon Delmotte

12 years 3 months ago #187443 by krileon
I agree, we're already taking measures to improve it. For example it'll be possible to customize the payment slip when editing the offline payment gateway with next release.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn