email not sending to all recipients

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #188049 by wjgadmin
email not sending to all recipients was created by wjgadmin
i previously had clients in my database before moving over to cb. now when i try to send a mass mail, it will not send to the clients that are not subscribed to a subscription in cbsubs. all of the emails and other information are there but it still gives an error and says it didnt send to them. i would really like to be able to use this function to send mass mail to everyone!i am using joomla 1.5 with cbsubs. thank you

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago #188068 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: email not sending to all recipients

wbusbytrader wrote: i previously had clients in my database before moving over to cb. now when i try to send a mass mail, it will not send to the clients that are not subscribed to a subscription in cbsubs. all of the emails and other information are there but it still gives an error and says it didnt send to them. i would really like to be able to use this function to send mass mail to everyone!i am using joomla 1.5 with cbsubs. thank you

If by "i previously had clients in my database" you mean you had a Joomla website with users, then these users should have been automatically linked to CB when you installed CB on your website. You can do a CB Tools check to see if your Joomla user table and CB tables are in sync.

Please do this check first and post back findings.

12 years 3 months ago #189375 by wjgadmin
Replied by wjgadmin on topic Re: email not sending to all recipients
i have synced the users and still get errors. the only difference now is that it says that it has sent to all users (you can see on the attached pics), but there are errors on a great many of them. i know these emails to work as i can send to them via my email server but for some reason the cb database will not. please see attached and let me know if there is another option. thanks

Attachments:

12 years 3 months ago #189418 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: email not sending to all recipients
Please ensure you're using CB 1.7.1. Please also provide if possible the contents of the email you're trying to send. Do registration emails send when a new user registers?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 months ago #189421 by wjgadmin
Replied by wjgadmin on topic Re: email not sending to all recipients
that is correct i am using cb 1.7.1 the newest release. this is being used on joomla 1.5. the contents are simply a header/footer html and text. it does go out to some of the email addresses as well as my own when i include everyone in the user database. however i can not figure out why it is getting errors on others. i have synced the joomla database with the cb users via the tools etc. not having any other issue than this and the users are there in the cb database as i see them with the correct emails etc. the only difference in some of them is that they are not attached to any cbsubs and some are. but that should not matter so i am told. thanks

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #189447 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: email not sending to all recipients
I see, the Mass Mailer is working except some of the emails (17 of them) can't be reached. Perhaps their mail server is rejecting the email or something of the sort. Are you able to email those users using Joomlas mass mailer? Can you contact them using the email form on frontend from their profiles? I don't think it's an issue with synchronization, but something specific to those 17 users.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.357 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn