Upgrading from CB 1.1 > 1.7.1 before CBSubs instal

12 years 3 months ago #188052 by pmpharma
Running Joomla 1.5.25 (recent upgrade, part of same process)

CB 1.1 shows Community Builder in Admin Menu, all components, modules, etc. seem to work fine.

Upgrading from CB 1.1 to 1.7.1 via FTP instructions (very closely, twice), I get no admin menu item for CB.

Attempts to install adminnav plugin via Joomla Extensions manager results in error "cannot find install package" even though it is a tiny file (new .zip file downloaded from Joomlapolis).

Some forum items indicate db corruption on 1.7 install, with some fixes I can't seem to execute.

Very Frustrated. Please help.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago #188057 by pmpharma
Sorry, forgot to mention recent upgrade from PHP 5.0 to 5.3.6

12 years 3 months ago #188135 by krileon

Upgrading from CB 1.1 to 1.7.1 via FTP instructions (very closely, twice), I get no admin menu item for CB.

As you're on J1.5, please don't do expert upgrade or you'll need to do database upgrades manually. Simply install CB and it'll upgrade it self.

Attempts to install adminnav plugin via Joomla Extensions manager results in error "cannot find install package" even though it is a tiny file (new .zip file downloaded from Joomlapolis).

Please ensure you've downloaded "CB Admin Menu Navigation v. 1.6 Module " (mod_cb_adminnav_1.6) from Free downloads section or the included module with your CBSubs package and attempt to install via Joomla extension manager.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 months ago #188139 by pmpharma
I was able to rollback and start again with FTP install, from scratch, and it seems to have worked. I went through CB Tools to identify and fix database discrepancies and all seems good at this point. Is there a check I can do to make sure I'm okay, if that install method wasn't recommended - something in particular to watch out for?

On the admin menu plugin issue - admin menu carried over from previous install. So I think this is resolved.

I still find it troubling that I can't install ANY CB module or plugin even though php.ini is set to allow 60 secs and 8MB files... Any ideas?

All I get is "Unable to find install package"

12 years 3 months ago #188145 by pmpharma
It seems the only thing I can't do is save my CB configuration. It keeps erroring

"JFTP::write: Bad response

Failed to create and write config file in /vservers/pharmaligorg/htdocs/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/ue_config.php: ERROR: Configuration file administrator/components/com_comprofiler/ue_config.php could not be written by webserver. Please change file permissions in your web-pannel."

Even though all indications in the admin, and through the host, are that the file is writeable...

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #188360 by krileon
It looks like your ue_config.php is not writable. Please navigate to administrator/components/com_comprofiler/ue_config.php via FTP and try setting to 775, 755, or 644 and see if you can then save configuration. Joomlas writable check is for Joomlsa configuration.php and not CBs ue_config.php.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn