OFF Line payment options

12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #188267 by dalesg1
OFF Line payment options was created by dalesg1
The following maybe my misunderstanding of the product or a wishlist so feel free to move or better still comment on how things could be improved.

Been using CB + CBSubs to manage the membership of a physical club for a little while now, so pretty much Use Case 3 Society or Club taken directly from the manual. For the most part CBSubs has been excellent but I've found it difficult for handling offline membership payments.

It appears that CBSubs offline payment model for registration or renewal is,
  • login
  • select membership option
  • select offline payment method option
  • generate invoice
  • Post invoice with payment

What actually happens in the real world is that once membership fees become due those members who want to pay offline hand money to either the membership secretary (me) or the treasurer. Never wanting to refuse money, we grab it with both hands and ask them to go through the above procedure to generate an invoice that can be marked as paid in the payment basket. Unfortunately in most cases this never happens. What would help would be :-

• A simple way to generate an invoice for someone who has handed me cash.

• A method of the treasurer generating and invoice via the front end when they are handed cash.

• A way for our club treasurer to mark off line payments as paid. Even for people who follow the CB-Subs process the treasurer has to email every time a cheque clears so that I can mark the account as paid. A Front end privileged way of them just doing it would be so much better.

Finally and this is really wishing I'd like to be able to use something like cbjuice to record offline payment in a spreadsheet and read the updates back into cbsubs. This would in many cases be faster and would allow processing of cash at our club which has no phone, WiFi or 3g signal.

If anyone has any thoughts or ideas I'd be most grateful.
The following user(s) said Thank You: beat

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 4 months ago #188272 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re: OFF Line payment options
Good points. Need to think about them...

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

12 years 3 months ago #190822 by akasharkbow
Replied by akasharkbow on topic Re: OFF Line payment options
I'm having the same trouble - I MUST be able to process renewals/payments that we receive offline, and generate invoices.

This discovery is unfortunately the final straw for us. After a month of working to get our 25,000 users onto CBSubs we are going to have to abandon the project and continue with our in-house, offline database while we look for another option. It's really too bad.

11 years 4 months ago #217404 by dougbuchan
Replied by dougbuchan on topic Re: OFF Line payment options
Plus 1 to this request.

We need a way to show payments received on back-end processed memberships. We need to be able to go to a member profile, mark their membership, and then record payment info.

CB Subs has all this functionality, but bypasses it when an Admin marks a membership. Can we have this optional?

Anything to help? Thanks

Doug Buchan
Buchan Consulting LLC
www.BuchaConsulting.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: ncemsfvp

11 years 4 months ago #217490 by dougbuchan
Replied by dougbuchan on topic Re: OFF Line payment options
Beat

We REALLY need you guys to look into this. We know you're busy and have a lot of other development requests, but this is a necessity.

This is in-fact something we paid for when we purchased CB Subs. If you look under CB Subs Integrations, and hover over the Offline Payments bubble, you'll see it says "Record offline payments via front-end or back-end."

Unless I'm mistaken, we can not record payments via the back-end. We can activate users but not record payments.

This is an urgent issue and may force us off of CB Subs and back to proprietary solutions.

Thanks for your assistance!

Doug Buchan
Buchan Consulting LLC
www.BuchaConsulting.com

11 years 4 months ago #217517 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: OFF Line payment options
This has long been implemented already. Just navigate to a users profile on frontend and go through the normal renewal/subscription process for them while logged in as a CB Moderator then pay the basket from backend as you normally would.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.259 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn