OFF Line payment options

11 years 4 months ago #218367 by dougbuchan
Replied by dougbuchan on topic Re: OFF Line payment options
This is a function that needs to be implemented in the back-end. We're administering an almost 7000 member website and as with all membership sites, there's an assumption that at least some members can not follow directions.

This leads us to have to do some offline payments, including group PO payments, by hand.

To find a member profile on the front end requires the Joomla search module, your CB Search plugin, and a lucky guess as to which member profile is the right one.

It also requires that our membership admin be logged into the front-end and back-end and do additional steps, all just to record a payment.

This needs to be something that can be done in the back end. We've upgraded to CB Subs 3.0 already, we've been supporting members for a long time, and this is an ability that is advertised as existent (and like all other CB Subs functions, it's assumed that the function exists in a back-end management capacity not a convoluted work-around).

Thank you for looking into it Krileon. I (we) appreciate it!

Doug

Doug Buchan
Buchan Consulting LLC
www.BuchaConsulting.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 4 months ago #218374 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: OFF Line payment options
It's not implemented in backend yet. Giving a user a subscription from backend entirely bypasses the payment step and is by design. With CBSubs 3.0 GPL it's no longer encoded so you're welcome to review source, make changes, and suggest features as you see fit. We do of course have plans to improve this entire workflows, but I don't know when.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 3 months ago #219258 by dougbuchan
Replied by dougbuchan on topic Re: OFF Line payment options
This is something that seems like it should be a high priority given that it's an advertised feature.

Additionally, we've written a SQL statement using the CB SQL Statement integration plugin. This statement does not run when a user is activated via the front-end method. So in addition to the method being convoluted, it also does not trigger the appropriate functions as it does when a user self-activates.

Additional problem: User invoices are not generated when a front-end administrative activation is processed. So even work-arounds that we have in place do not work correctly using the front-end administrative activation on plans.

So this is a big deal and effects CB SUbs ability to hold up it's end of it's advertised promises.

Please advise. We have 7000 members using CB Subs, are using and subscribed to CB Subs 3.0 GPL, and need these functions to be working.

Doug Buchan
Buchan Consulting LLC
www.BuchaConsulting.com

11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #219313 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: OFF Line payment options

This is something that seems like it should be a high priority given that it's an advertised feature.

Backend adds the subscription to the user directly. There is no payment process in backend (so it has no idea if it should use Offline, or PayPal for example). So there's no reason for it to go through payment process.

As stated in my previous replies we of course want to improve on this with future releases, but it's far from priority as it's working as intended and as designed since CBSubs was first released. No where do we falsely advertise this and would be happy to correct any wording issues that you may see if you could kindly provide their location.

The feature you want requires massive changes to backend. Not something we can do right now without risking breaking CBSubs. Our compromise was to implement frontend management. You can navigate to their profile, select the plan, go through offline process, and pay it from backend. Again, we want to improve on this entire workflows with future releases.

Additionally, we've written a SQL statement using the CB SQL Statement integration plugin. This statement does not run when a user is activated via the front-end method. So in addition to the method being convoluted, it also does not trigger the appropriate functions as it does when a user self-activates.

The integration should work the same in backend as they do backend. Set your query to fire on first activation for example. Pending actions will not work on backend as there is no Pending state as the subscription becomes active immediately.

Additional problem: User invoices are not generated when a front-end administrative activation is processed. So even work-arounds that we have in place do not work correctly using the front-end administrative activation on plans.

This could be a bug. You're saying when going through Offline process on frontend on a users behalf does not add an invoice to the invoice page? Even after paying the Offline invoice?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn