affiliate system

12 years 3 months ago #188295 by TBDESP
affiliate system was created by TBDESP
I need to do the following in a Joomla 1.7+CBSubs site;

1> Have multiple types of members; free, paid, and 'affiliates'
2> Pay affiliates monthly for each paid/affiliate member they have recruited

Really, it is that simple. I don't need to pay per click, pay for traffic, track sales of any products, etc.

As an example, if affiliate 'bob' recruits a new member, 'john' and a new affiliate 'sam', as long as 'bob' is a paying member and as long as 'sam' is a paying affiliate, bob recieves a monthly commision for them.

I have no idea what the actual prices will be as of yet, but here's an example with dollar amounts;

If a paid membership is $10 per month, and an affiliate membership is $20 per month, I might pay affiliates $1.00 and $2.00 per month for each member or affiliate (respectively) they recruit. Somewhat like a multi-level marketing system, except I do not want any 'downlines' or paying/keeping track of anything beyond direct recruits.

So if bob recruits john as a paying member, as long as john remains a paying member, bob gets $1.00 per month for him. If john is a member for 3 months then leaves, bob got $1.00/month for those 3 months, $3.00 total.

And if bob recruits sam as an affiliate, he is paid $2.00 per month for sam, as long as sam is a paying affiliate. It doesn't matter to bob if sam actually ever recruits anyone, bob doesn't get paid anything for that. So if sam is an affiliate for 6 months and then leaves, bob got paid $2.00 per month for those 6 months, $12.00 total.

Can I make this work with CBSubs? I already have paid for CBSubs, and am hoping I can do this, somehow.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago #188364 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: affiliate system
CBSubs is certainly able to meet both your needs. The multiple usertypes would simply be done by having 3 different plans for example then you can protect tabs/fields (CBSubs Fields Tabs Protection) based off subscription so users profiles change based off the subscription for example.

I highly recommend reviewing your CBSubs documentation as it'll walk you through configuring a basic CBSubs install as well as explain the numerous integrations and provide several usage examples.

As for affiliates CBSubs currently supports iDevAffiliate and PostAffiliatePro affiliate systems. You'll need either/or purchased and working before integrating with CBSubs (both are commercial solutions). Currently with PAP there's a bug regarding registering commissions for payments from off-site gateways (PayPal) that is resolved with upcoming next release.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn