Limit the article view based on membership

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #188301 by jackflashtx
Limit the article view based on membership was created by jackflashtx
On my site I am posting numerous blogs and articles, but in order for members to see them all they need to register and pay for access. I'm using CB Subs for this and it works great. However I would like for non registered (free) members that are just browsing the site and trying to decide if they want to join us to be able to see all the articles and blog posts on the site (but not the whole post or articles).

What I want to do it only show free members the first sentence or first 100 characters or something along those lines. That way they can see that their is content to be seen on the site and it wets their appetite to join and pay.

Or maybe a way to show the whole article but it is so blurry that they can't read it until paying for a membership.

Does CB Subs do this? I've read most of the user manual but at 450+ pages, it starts to get blurry in my eyes. LOL

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago #188369 by krileon
The only way to do this is to use readmore in all your articles. You'd then set within CBSubs > Settings > Integrations > Content/Extensions and set "Still show intro text for articles:" to "Depends: articles introductions are visible only if there is also a "read more" main text". This way when you use a readmore break it'll let free users see the text above the readmore break and they must subscribe to see the rest. If the article has no readmore break it'll protect the whole article.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #188370 by jackflashtx
Replied by jackflashtx on topic Re: Limit the article view based on membership
Thank you.

I went to the Setting/Integrations tab and there is no Content/Extension tab. The only tab I have in there is for Google Analytics. Am I missing something?
Attachments:

12 years 3 months ago #188379 by jackflashtx
Replied by jackflashtx on topic Re: Limit the article view based on membership
Still need help.

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #188387 by nant

jackflashtx wrote: Thank you.

I went to the Setting/Integrations tab and there is no Content/Extension tab. The only tab I have in there is for Google Analytics. Am I missing something?

Perhaps you did not install this integration tab?
But then how are you protecting the articles?

Please give version numbers of Joomla, CB, CBSubs

12 years 3 months ago #188459 by krileon

jackflashtx wrote: Thank you.

You need to have "CBSubs Content" installed to control access to articles/extensions. Please also ensure the "cbpaidsubsbot" is also installed, public, and published. Both are included with your CBSubs page.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.256 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn