Limit the article view based on membership

12 years 3 months ago #188670 by krileon
You don't need to apply any patches. All 3 tickets above come with pre-patched CB 1.7.1 files. Simply download, copy, paste, and replace to their respective locations.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago #189314 by jackflashtx
Replied by jackflashtx on topic Re: Limit the article view based on membership
So I have uploaded the required files and I am still getting the same issue.

I noticed something funny however and that was when I uploaded the new files the size of the uploaded file was smaller than the original patch. The only exception was the cb.lists.php file that did have the same size as its original patch file.

Any ideas?

12 years 3 months ago #189400 by krileon
Not much more I can advise as it's marked as bug #3132, which is fixed for next release (currently in beta).

As for the patched files being smaller the size is irrelevant as removing a single line of code will affect its size. There are API fixes/changes in those patched files.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 months ago #189408 by jackflashtx
When is the fix scheduled for release?

12 years 3 months ago #189420 by krileon
Early next month. We're working on preparing CB 1.8 and CBSubs 1.3.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: jackflashtx

12 years 2 months ago #192222 by jackflashtx
Got the new 1.8 installed. Got Joomla 2.5 installed.

Got the setting to "depends" in the integrations tab.

Placed a "read more" break in one of my articles. Set the article to public, registered, special, customer access level and no matter what I do, the public cannot see the part above the line and protect the rest.

Does it matter that I'm using ZOO on my site? That is what I'm using for my blog posts instead of the joomla standard articles.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn