Preview plan (A) renews to Regular plan (B)?

12 years 3 months ago #188516 by prthnon
Hi,

We'd like to set up our subscriptions so that the Regular Plan (plan B) is an auto-renewing monthly plan. However, we also want a Preview Plan (plan A) which is much cheaper, and usable one time only, and for only a week instead of a month. We'd like people who subscribe to plan A to be automatically transferred to Plan B when Plan A expires.

It's straightforward to set up Plan B as a monthly, auto-renewing plan.

It's straightforward to set up Plan A as a one-time, week-long plan.

I don't see a way to make Plan A subscribers auto-renew into Plan B. Is there a way?

Another incentive is to replace Plan A by a CBSubs Promotion, giving a one-time discount off of Plan B. We have a prototype of this working. However, it means that the promotion is one month long, instead of one week. Is there a way to change this? Could we, for example, write a SQL action, triggered by use of the Promotion, which changes the expiry date of the first month of Plan B to happen after a week instead?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #188537 by nant
Can you not create a single plan as follows:

first period 1 week for X amount
regular plan validity 1 month for Y amount

and just make this autorecurring?

You cannot automatically force users to an auto-recurring plan as they need to agree to payments first.
The following user(s) said Thank You: prthnon

12 years 3 months ago #188608 by prthnon
Ah, right you are. I overlooked that setting. I think that gives me exactly what I was after.

12 years 3 months ago #188621 by nant

prthnon wrote: Ah, right you are. I overlooked that setting. I think that gives me exactly what I was after.

Great!

Enjoy CBSubs ... and prepare yourself for next CBSubs 1.3 (currently released in bet1 status to Developer members - see news section and also now powering Joomlapolis).

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.304 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn