[SOLVED] Control Access to Component

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #188518 by ejde
I am developing a site where I am trying to limit access to a calendar based on user subscriptions via CB Subs.

www.thedetaildepartment.com/joomla (click on The Savannah Calendar to see the behavior I describe below)

I have installed and configured the bot and the CB plugin for content control, and I have checked that both are published and set to public.

I have two subscription children options underneath a parent subscription. The parent subscription is where I set the integration setting for access to the component (Jtag Calendar). The other subscriptions have their integrations left unset. The parent subscription is free, and I have paid children options.

When a user goes to register a new account, the parent item shows up, but its children do not. If I disable the component access control in the integration tab on the parent plan, the children show up when I refresh the page.

What am I missing?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago #188519 by ejde
Replied by ejde on topic Re: Control Access to Component
Oh, I should mention... Joomla 1.7.3, CB Subs 1.2.2. C Builder 1.7.1.

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #188580 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Control Access to Component
CBSubs only displays the plans necessary to access a page. I believe for the child plans to also show up when trying to access the page you'll need to configure them to also block access to the calendar component (ensure you're not protecting CB it self). Please also check that your child plans are configured to display on registration. You may also want to check if you've any conditions applied on the Workflows tab of any of your plans.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ejde

12 years 3 months ago #188584 by ejde
Replied by ejde on topic Re: Control Access to Component
That did it - you do need to have child plans set to the same content/component exclusions. Thanks so much!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.735 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn