Plan, initial time of 1hr, does not auto-renew

12 years 3 months ago #189088 by prthnon
Hi, there:

We've set up a Plan which tests the concept of a discount price for a short initial validity duration by having a $1 price for initial 1 hour, and then regular price for 1-month duration, with auto-renew.

When I make a test subscription to this plan using the Dumy test-gateway in test mode, the auto-renew fails to happen. At the end of the initial period, the subscription gets marked "Expired".

What might the problem be? How can we make subscriptions auto-renew after the initial period?

We are using CBSubs 1.2.2 and CB 1.7.1 on Joomla 1.5.

Thanks in advance,

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago #189407 by krileon
What gateway are you using? Not all payment gateways allow you to have an initial price for auto recurring and will require manual renewal on expiration of initial duration. PayPal allows for an initial price for recurring purchases.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #190289 by prthnon
When I make a test subscription to this plan using the Dumy test-gateway in test mode, the auto-renew fails to happen.

Does the Dummy test-gateway supplied with CBSubs allow us to have an initial price for auto-recurring subscriptions?

12 years 2 months ago #190296 by krileon
The dummy test gateway doesn't do auto renewals. It's just to test the workflows to ensure your plans access is behaving properly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 2 months ago #190323 by prthnon
Thanks for the clarification.

Two requests as a followup.

1. In the documentation for the dummy test gateway, say that it doesn't do auto renewals. What else doesn't it do? Please let the document reader know.

2. Please extend the dummy test gateway to do auto renewals. Testing auto-renewals is part of our "[testing] the workflows to ensure [our] plans access is behaving properly."

12 years 2 months ago #190507 by krileon

1. In the documentation for the dummy test gateway, say that it doesn't do auto renewals. What else doesn't it do? Please let the document reader know.

It doesn't auto renew because there's nothing to receive a notification from. Typically a notification (IPN) is sent from the payment gateway (PayPal) when it's time to renew after the user is re-billed by the gateway. That notification tells CBSubs to renew the subscription.

2. Please extend the dummy test gateway to do auto renewals. Testing auto-renewals is part of our "[testing] the workflows to ensure [our] plans access is behaving properly."

Notifications work completely different on a gateway by gateway basis. The point of the dummy gateway is to quickly test the process and ensure the subscriptions protection or integrations are functioning. To test a renewal simply manually renew the subscription. It's the same exact process except without an IPN doing it.

If you want to do a true test you should use PayPal in test mode (PayPal sandbox) to see how the purchase and auto renewal process works.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn