Can CBSubs charge for individual work sessions?

12 years 3 months ago #189322 by jim.reynolds
I understand that CBSubs can be used to charge a given fixed fee per period ($10/month, $100/month, etc). In my business, we charge clients by the hour for our services. It is possible to use CBSubs for that use case? We see some clients every day for several hours, and other clients regularly but less often. Could we, for example, use the Events module to schedule many appointments with the same client/employee pair during the month (1 event per month, 3 per week, 1 per day, etc) and to charge an hourly rate times the duration of each individual appointment? The Event would need to have both the Employee and the Client assigned to it, in addition to the date/time stamp and location. Ideally, it would calculate both the Price paid to the customer and also the Wages paid to the employee for the appointment, although I realize that to get the wage calculation, I may need to do some custom development and I am willing to do that if it will calculate the appoitment prices as I have described.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago #189339 by nant

jim.reynolds wrote: I understand that CBSubs can be used to charge a given fixed fee per period ($10/month, $100/month, etc).

Breaking up your single paragraph post - difficult to read as is ...

In my business, we charge clients by the hour for our services. It is possible to use CBSubs for that use case?

CBSubs is a pre-paid deal. You purchase a subscription or a product (merchandise item) before you are granted access to service benefits or product.

We see some clients every day for several hours, and other clients regularly but less often. Could we, for example, use the Events module to schedule many appointments with the same client/employee pair during the month (1 event per month, 3 per week, 1 per day, etc) and to charge an hourly rate times the duration of each individual appointment? The Event would need to have both the Employee and the Client assigned to it, in addition to the date/time stamp and location. Ideally, it would calculate both the Price paid to the customer and also the Wages paid to the employee for the appointment, although I realize that to get the wage calculation, I may need to do some custom development and I am willing to do that if it will calculate the appoitment prices as I have described.

You would need to somehow integrate CB/CBSubs with your event scheduler extension.

High-level concept is as follows:

1. You can setup a CBSubs Merchandise plan to allow people to purchase a single hour of service. This newly purchased hour will be added to a CB field for the user using the CB integration. This way each user can have available service hours tracked in this CB field.

2. The Events extension you are using would need to somehow check the number of available hours (in the CB field) and only let people schedule appointments for hours they have already purchased. When a new appointment is scheduled, then the scheduled hours would need to be subtracted from the available hours (and update the CB field).

You would need to modify the event script you are using to integrate with this CB field.

Not much more I can suggest here.

12 years 3 months ago #189351 by jim.reynolds
Replied by jim.reynolds on topic Re: Can CBSubs charge for individual work sessions?
Thank you that is basically what I had in mind. We could put in time blocks of 1 hour (or 15 minutes) and then sell those at a given price. In our case, we also need to track the cost to the company (i.e., the hourly wage paid to the employee) so each hour would have both a Price charged to Customer and a Wage paid to Employee. This sounds doable.

12 years 3 months ago #189353 by nant

jim.reynolds wrote: Thank you that is basically what I had in mind. We could put in time blocks of 1 hour (or 15 minutes) and then sell those at a given price. In our case, we also need to track the cost to the company (i.e., the hourly wage paid to the employee) so each hour would have both a Price charged to Customer and a Wage paid to Employee. This sounds doable.

Yes it is - the trick is to find a good events extension that has an API or can be extended - you will need some development i assume on that end.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.400 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn