Loosing Module Position when Linking to Indiv Plan

12 years 3 months ago #189330 by dupree1015
Hello,

I have three plans and have a page that displays three buttons which someone can choose from to register for that particular plan and the button is directly linked to the link provided inside the plan, for that plan.

However, when the button is clicked on, all modules on the right and inside my footer are lost. I've tried to even create a menu with external links and point the modules to it, but have had the same result. I really need to be able to create an internal link and choose the plan that I want for the registration process so that the modules will show on the registration page. Is there a way to do this? Seems that there is only one choice, and that's Community Builder/Registration Page and does not allow me to choose the plan for that menu item.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Cat'

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #189412 by krileon
Module display is purely based off Itemid. I'm not sure what button exactly you're referring to, but its link likely doesn't have an Itemid or you don't have your modules assigned to it. I recommend viewing the page that has the modules you want displayed with SEF off then grab the &Itemid=?? from the URL and append it to the Plan URLs in your Joomla external menu links (ensure they begin with index.php and not live site) and see if that does the trick.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 months ago #189451 by dupree1015
Thanks Kyle,

So if my link currently shows as this:

xxxxxxx.com/component/comprofiler/pluginclass?plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions&do=displayplans&plans=1

Should I then add the following to the end:

xxxxxxx.com/component/comprofiler/pluginclass?plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions&do=displayplans&plans=1/itemid=160

My urls are SEF'd so I'm not sure how to place the ItemID in the url since it doesn't show in the url.

Thanks,

Cat'

12 years 3 months ago #189679 by krileon
If it's a Joomla menu link (external) then you can't have Itemid as Joomla strips external menu link Itemid. Also note external menu links for internal addresses should never be SEFed and always begin with index.php. You can try adding Itemid after making those changes, but doubt it'll do anything.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn