Control the redirect non-subscribed visitors?

12 years 2 months ago #190541 by prthnon
In our site, we require members to subscribe to a CBSubs plan when they register a user id for the site. So, when non-logged-in guests visit the site, and click on a menu item for protected content, CBSubs intervenes and redirects them to the registration page.

I'd like to control the destination of that redirect. I'd like to have CBSubs redirect to a article of my choosing, with my sales copy.

Does CBSubs give me that kind of control? If so, where? I don't see anything about this in the CBSubs documentation.

Thanks,

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago #190603 by krileon
You can only do that for registered users from CBSubs > Settings > Display > Expiration > "Membership needed for access redirect URL for existing users:". I don't believe this applies to non-registered users. Don't believe there's a way to change this for non-registered as they need to be registered to obtain a subscription so sending to registration is most appropriate.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 2 months ago #190651 by prthnon
I understand.

FYI - for future updates this would be a nice feature to have. We have a specific sell page we are trying to push visitors to. Right now, my best work around is to make all of our frontpage menu items an external link to our sell page.

To effectively do this, I have made all cbsubs menu items for registered users.

The next challenge will be to completely change all those frontpage menu items back to cbsubs menu items once users are logged in. Not certain how that will go...

12 years 2 months ago #190813 by fader8

prthnon wrote: I'd like to control the destination of that redirect. I'd like to have CBSubs redirect to a article of my choosing, with my sales copy.

Have you considered the possibility of just copying your sales copy to the first tab of a CB Conditional registration form? That way when the user is redirected, you're making your pitch and the user clicks "Next" if they want to sign up. Thought I'd throw that out there. Sounds a bit easier than what you're considering now.

Joomla 1.5.25, CB 1.8rc2, CBSubs 1.2.2, GroupJive 2.5rc, Kunena 1.7.2, php 5.2.5
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn