Full list of CBfields usable substitutions/variabl

12 years 3 months ago #190658 by jered@saverexpress.com
Full list of CBfields usable substitutions/variabl was created by jered@saverexpress.com
Good day gentlemen,

I was looking around searching the forum and I also browsed both the cbsubs manual and cb manual.

But I couldn't find if there is a list of usable substitution fields to use in Cbfields, same with cbsubs fields.

Is there a way to "get" the data of.. for example.. the subscription date of a client during his subscription on a Cbsubs Plan and put it elsewhere?
I was looking on this forum ( www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/190399-solved-auto-actions-redirect-profile-private#190575 ) and made me wonder if it is possible.

Just to clarify, when I mean "substitutions"; I mean replacement [cbsomething] type that give you a value when called (in programming languages.. you could call them variables)

so TL;DR version:

Is there a list to see the full extend of them(aka these variables)?
Which ones can be used with the CbFields system?
Can CbField use the "variables" of CbSubs like the subscription's information?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago #190660 by jered@saverexpress.com
Replied by jered@saverexpress.com on topic Re: Full list of CBfields usable substitutions/variabl
Also in another question..

when you have a master plan (let's say it costs 25 USD )
and you add multiple smaller child plans (let's say from 2 USD to 10 USD)
if the client subscribes to a few of them, and the plans are set to "automatic monthly"(aka recurring payments)

all of these costs are aggregated in a single exhibition or they are charged each one separately?

12 years 3 months ago #190945 by krileon

Just to clarify, when I mean "substitutions"; I mean replacement [cbsomething] type that give you a value when called (in programming languages.. you could call them variables)

Yes and no, the locations that allow CBSubs substitutions state so directly and provide what substitutions are allowed. As for CBSubs substitutions in say a delimiter field, no there is none. We currently don't have a way to extend the CB substitution API to allow something like this however it's planned for CB 2.0.

all of these costs are aggregated in a single exhibition or they are charged each one separately?

It depends on the gateway. Some gateways allow sending multiple "items" and the gateway then totals those items. PayPal for example allows this, but Authorize.net I believe doesn't. They all will take the entire basket and total the price and charge that total all at once of course (just like a shopping cart for example). However, they must all be renewed individually (whether manually or automatic).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 months ago #190963 by jered@saverexpress.com
Replied by jered@saverexpress.com on topic Re: Full list of CBfields usable substitutions/variabl

krileon wrote:

Yes and no, the locations that allow CBSubs substitutions state so directly and provide what substitutions are allowed. As for CBSubs substitutions in say a delimiter field, no there is none. We currently don't have a way to extend the CB substitution API to allow something like this however it's planned for CB 2.0.

It depends on the gateway. Some gateways allow sending multiple "items" and the gateway then totals those items. PayPal for example allows this, but Authorize.net I believe doesn't. They all will take the entire basket and total the price and charge that total all at once of course (just like a shopping cart for example). However, they must all be renewed individually (whether manually or automatic).

and where Can I see a list of the allowed substitutions? because there are very very basic (and so few) samples in the CB documentations.

what tool can be used to get then the data of the subscriptions fields ?
the cb sql? or other incubator tools?

Problem is, we want to display just the subscription end date in another part of the profile, but at same time, we do not want to give full moderator status to some of our employees (since they can change the subscription or renew it wrongly).

also, thanks for being clear regarding the paypal and the multiple subscriptions.

12 years 3 months ago #191297 by krileon

and where Can I see a list of the allowed substitutions? because there are very very basic (and so few) samples in the CB documentations.

Where are you trying to use substitutions? CB fields can be substituted for example with [cb_fieldname]; see tutorials within my signature for further substitution usage. As for CBSubs substitutions it really depends on where you're trying to place the substitution; for example in CBSubs SQL Actions you can do [plan_id] for the CBSubs plans id.

what tool can be used to get then the data of the subscriptions fields ?
the cb sql? or other incubator tools?

To get CBSubs data on profile as a field you could use incubator project CB Query Field to query the database for whatever information you'd like.

Problem is, we want to display just the subscription end date in another part of the profile, but at same time, we do not want to give full moderator status to some of our employees (since they can change the subscription or renew it wrongly).

Well a user can have multiple subscriptions so that's really where the problem comes in for displaying on profile as a field. The best approach is probably to set "Show subscriptions only to the user:" within CBSubs > Settings > Display > Plans to "Show also to super-administrators, to administrators and to moderators" so moderators can see a users tab and their active subscriptions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 2 months ago #192354 by jered@saverexpress.com

krileon wrote:

and where Can I see a list of the allowed

Well a user can have multiple subscriptions so that's really where the problem comes in for displaying on profile as a field. The best approach is probably to set "Show subscriptions only to the user:" within CBSubs > Settings > Display > Plans to "Show also to super-administrators, to administrators and to moderators" so moderators can see a users tab and their active subscriptions.

the users/clients are never allowed to see their subscription status, the problem is our EMPLOYEES should NOT touch the renew button while being allowed to see these dates..

Example, 3 levels of security.
1.- users.. NO ACCESS to the subscription tab other than pay and renew themselves by paying.
2.- employees, can see dates, but cannot renew or make changes
3.- moderators/admins , can renew for free(to fix issues) and make changes.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn