how to upgrade to new plan so it expires old plan?

12 years 3 months ago #190948 by Ornithologist
If I upgrade to a new plan why does my old plan still exist?

We want it so our members can only be subscribed to a single plan at a time - how do we set this? We have the plans set so they are exclusive and one is mandatory. We give our members the option to subscribe annually, 2 years, 3 years, and life. We see now that when an annual member upgrades to a 2 year or 3 year plan, their annual membership remains active... and we need it to expire as soon as the new plan becomes active, what are we missing?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #191295 by krileon
Please provide a how your plans are setup. The user won't expire from previous plan, but it's state will turn to upgraded. However, they should not see that plan on their subscription tab anymore nor should it provide access.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #191881 by Ornithologist
Replied by Ornithologist on topic Re: how to upgrade to new plan so it expires old plan?
Thank you for the reply it helped us look at the status and we noticed the upgrades were working fine until this year so it looks like the problem occurs because we set 'Grace period before real expiration' and all the upgrades during the grace period are not upgraded properly. Our grace period ends soon (60 days from the beginning of the year = March 2nd ?) and we will keep you posted if upgrades after work fine again.

Please confirm if this is the problem and if you would be able to provide a fix that takes the grace period into account when deciding what status is applied. We verified the payment shows it is an upgrade but both the old and new subscriptions show Active status and both ‘replaces subscription’ and ‘replaced by subscription’ are blank... What in the database needs to change to correct these subscribers so the status and subscriptions are correct now?

How can we send you login info so you can take a look?

12 years 2 months ago #192057 by krileon
As I understand your situation you've Plan A that has a Grace Period that the user is within the Grace Period had then upgraded to Plan B, but still has Plan A. I believe this is working as intended as once the Grace Period ends so will Plan As subscription.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.315 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn