option to redirect if renewal coming up?

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #191004 by ThePiston
option to redirect if renewal coming up? was created by ThePiston
Is there an option (or planned option) to have all users redirected to the renewal page if they are within a certain time period? (say 30 days until expiration for example)

That would be nice. As it is now, users could be one day away from renewing and they do not know it. It would be cool to have an option where when a user comes to the site, CBsubs redirects them first to a renew page (maybe a simple alert box). Then they can bypass it and go to the page they were looking for. Would happen once per session.

CB 2.3, CBsubs 4.3, PHP 7.1, J! 3.9.X

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #191301 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: option to redirect if renewal coming up?
The best I can suggest is "Membership expired redirect URL:" within CBSubs > Settings > Display > Expiration, but this only triggers after the user has actually expired. Alternatively you could use CB Auto Actions to redirect users, but you'll need CB Query Field for example to give it the expiration date as a field so it can be used as a condition for the redirect action.

It's a good idea though and have added a feature ticket for your request.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 months ago #191310 by ThePiston
Replied by ThePiston on topic Re: option to redirect if renewal coming up?
I think I might add a meta_mod that will display a module above the template with a once-per-session alert area to tell them they are within X days of expiring.

12 years 2 months ago #191609 by ThePiston
I'm actually working on a simple php script to go directly in the temaplte which will pop up an alert if expiration < 30 days. I'm not that good at php though and I'm having trouble comparing date("now") with the expiry_date vaalue which is a string.

Anyone know how to convert the expiry_date back into datetime so I can run a date calculation?

12 years 2 months ago #191613 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: option to redirect if renewal coming up?
You'll want to retrieve both values, strtotime them, then do your comparison. If you're using $_CB_framework->now() however it's time() so you don't need to strtotime it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 2 months ago #191614 by ThePiston
ok, thanks

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn