CBSubs/Docman inconsistent permissions problem

12 years 2 months ago #191117 by carolyn.russell
CBSubs/Docman inconsistent permissions problem was created by carolyn.russell
Hi, We have CBSubs running and we control access to downloadable files through docman with it. We are having issues with any new files added to the docman module with cbsubs permissions. We have 3 levels of subscriptions. Inside, Customer, and Employee. The issue is this:

Old files migrated from 1.5 into 1.7, can be linked like this and downloads work:

Insider --> Insider Document
Insider --> Customer Document

These links work fine if the document used to exist and was migrated over. they worked on the 1.5 version of the site also.

Now,

Insider --> Insider Document
Insider --X Customer Document

New documents loaded get this issue where they cannot be cross linked manually. This is strange and i have not been able to identify any differences in the settings or configurations of these files. Has anyone heard of this issue before, or know what i should be looking for?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago #191132 by nant
What version of CB, CBSubs, DOCman?

How are you protecting these docman documents?
Are you using DOCman groups and CBSUbs integration to add subscribers to docman groups?

12 years 2 months ago #191150 by carolyn.russell
Replied by carolyn.russell on topic Re: CBSubs/Docman inconsistent permissions problem
Docman Version 1.6.2
Community Builder Version 1.7.1
CBSubs Version 1.2.2

Documents are in groups, and subscribers from cbsubs are being added to the docman groups.

We just corrected an issue with doclink plugin where it was looking for menu item ids that had access level 0, which does not exist in our installation. Access starts at public = 1, so i had to modify the getItemId function. I am curious if this is a similar problem or not?

The other thing, is that it seems to work more appropriately in the new way than the data that was transferred over. It follows permissions better. If a link is made to a customer group item and the insider group tries to read it, it fails, where the old setup it would let them read it still. I just do not understand the mix match thats going on.

12 years 2 months ago #191152 by nant

carolyn.russell wrote: Docman Version 1.6.2
Community Builder Version 1.7.1
CBSubs Version 1.2.2

Documents are in groups, and subscribers from cbsubs are being added to the docman groups.

Great this means that CBSubs - DOCman integration is working just fine.

We just corrected an issue with doclink plugin where it was looking for menu item ids that had access level 0, which does not exist in our installation. Access starts at public = 1, so i had to modify the getItemId function. I am curious if this is a similar problem or not?

I have no idea what this doclink plugin does - thinking that your issue is more docman related than CBSubs at this point.

The other thing, is that it seems to work more appropriately in the new way than the data that was transferred over. It follows permissions better. If a link is made to a customer group item and the insider group tries to read it, it fails, where the old setup it would let them read it still. I just do not understand the mix match thats going on.

Once again I do not see this as CBSubs related - unless you are protecting some DOCman menu item perhaps?

12 years 2 months ago #191227 by carolyn.russell
Replied by carolyn.russell on topic Re: CBSubs/Docman inconsistent permissions problem
There are a good number of menus that have items in them that are restricted to specific login levels. Generally its the whole menu that is restricted. If your not logged into a specific user level, you cannot get to the content areas that those items exist on, as well as the items being restricted. So it sounds like i should talk to docman then?

12 years 2 months ago #191229 by nant

carolyn.russell wrote: There are a good number of menus that have items in them that are restricted to specific login levels. Generally its the whole menu that is restricted. If your not logged into a specific user level, you cannot get to the content areas that those items exist on, as well as the items being restricted. So it sounds like i should talk to docman then?

If by "restricted to specific login levels" you mean Joomla ACL groups, then I do not see this as a CBSubs issue. THis is easy enough to test - just temporarily unpublish the cbsubsbot (joomla plugin) and test these links. If problem is still there then it has nothing to do with CBSubs.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn