Mass Import then Mass Expire?

12 years 2 months ago #191183 by pmpharma
Mass Import then Mass Expire? was created by pmpharma
Joomla 1.5.25
CB 1.7.1

Finally have CBSubs up and working, but now need to figure out what to do with 900+ members. These have all paid (manually) for annual subscription in the past, but the vast majority have expired. Now that CBSubs is installed, we need to get everyone into the system, and expire any members with a join date of more than one year ago. Those members who joined within the last year we need to give them a subscription for the proper remaining time. How best to do this? Not really handled in documentation.

I'm thinking:
1) Mass import all users
2) Based on search for date of joining, Mass Expire most users
3) Dial in the subscription term of those who are within the year

Is there a better way?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago #191211 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Mass Import then Mass Expire?
If users are already in your Joomla/CB database then you can prepare all your CBSubs plans and use the CBSubs Import function (see documentation) to initialize all your members.

Suggest you first create an excel sheet with all userid (can see userids in CB User manager (right column) and plan each one is in along with start date of each plan.

12 years 2 months ago #191243 by pmpharma
Replied by pmpharma on topic Re: Mass Import then Mass Expire?
It appears the system will assign the same start date to all users when using Import feature. How do we keep their original start date, when that "plan" didn't even exist at that time?

Assuming we can keep the original join date as the plan start date, then the system will automatically recognize non-current users as such, yes?

Are you suggesting the Excel sheet because we would need to mass import and then manually adjust the plan start date for each user individually?

12 years 2 months ago #191252 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Mass Import then Mass Expire?

pmpharma wrote: It appears the system will assign the same start date to all users when using Import feature. How do we keep their original start date, when that "plan" didn't even exist at that time?

Assuming we can keep the original join date as the plan start date, then the system will automatically recognize non-current users as such, yes?

Are you suggesting the Excel sheet because we would need to mass import and then manually adjust the plan start date for each user individually?

I am suggestion the excel sheet because it helps you organize things.

The documentation has detailed description about the Import functionality - please study it.

I believe there is a method to specify start dates.

12 years 2 months ago #191276 by pmpharma
Replied by pmpharma on topic Re: Mass Import then Mass Expire?
Hi Nick-
I have studied the documentation (2-3 times) before posting this topic. It's not clear the best way to move forward, so this is why I am asking.

There is a mandatory field selection in the import process that establishes a subscription start date. It appears this will make it the same date for all users who are imported.

We need to keep the same historical start date for each user. Is this possible?

If not, we will need to manually edit subscription start dates for each user (931 currently)? This would be a bit of a nightmare. Only 81 have currently valid subscriptions. The rest can be expired, but need to retain their historical join date.

I'm trying to establish a process here. Thanks.

12 years 2 months ago #191303 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Mass Import then Mass Expire?

There is a mandatory field selection in the import process that establishes a subscription start date. It appears this will make it the same date for all users who are imported.

Correct.

We need to keep the same historical start date for each user. Is this possible?

Yes, you'll need to use advanced file based importing. Example of a row for a user as follows.
This text file is multiple lines (one line per user) comma-separated list with following format: userid,planid,statusSingleChar,SubscriptionDateISO.
Status: A = Active, X = Expired, C= Unsubscribed/Cancelled.
Example: 63,1,A,2009-01-01 00:00:00

If not, we will need to manually edit subscription start dates for each user (931 currently)? This would be a bit of a nightmare. Only 81 have currently valid subscriptions. The rest can be expired, but need to retain their historical join date.

I recommend importing with the above usage for those 81, then using the simpler methods for those that didn't have a subscription.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn