Mass Import then Mass Expire?

12 years 2 months ago #191304 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Mass Import then Mass Expire?

pmpharma wrote: Hi Nick-
I have studied the documentation (2-3 times) before posting this topic. It's not clear the best way to move forward, so this is why I am asking.

Great, this means that you have read chapter 9.14 Import icon area of the CBSubs 1.2.2 manual (or equivalent chapter of the CBSubs 1.3 manual - i don't know what version because you have not given your version).

In this chapter you can see that there are different methods to import (initialize) existing CB users into subscription plans.

One such method calls for using a comma delimited text file containing rows like:

File (each line: userid, planid, status, subscription date)

So you can have a different subscription date for each user.

Please study this again and experiment with it also on your test environment to see how it works. I believe this is what you need.

There is a mandatory field selection in the import process that establishes a subscription start date. It appears this will make it the same date for all users who are imported.

We need to keep the same historical start date for each user. Is this possible?

Please see previous answer. You need to import using the 'File (each line: userid, planid, status, subscription date)' method.

If not, we will need to manually edit subscription start dates for each user (931 currently)? This would be a bit of a nightmare. Only 81 have currently valid subscriptions. The rest can be expired, but need to retain their historical join date.

I'm trying to establish a process here. Thanks.

same answer as previously.

your continued comments lead me to believe that you have not understood what the manual describes or I have not understood what you need.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago #191313 by pmpharma
Replied by pmpharma on topic Re: Mass Import then Mass Expire?
In our current system all users are identified as registered, but of course not subscribed to any plan because there was no plan. Is there risk of duplicating users when importing, or will the system update the record based on each user id?

Thanks for your help guys. Just want to confirm before committing here...

12 years 2 months ago #191314 by pmpharma
Replied by pmpharma on topic Re: Mass Import then Mass Expire?
ps. CBSubs Version 1.2.2

12 years 2 months ago #191338 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Mass Import then Mass Expire?

pmpharma wrote: In our current system all users are identified as registered, but of course not subscribed to any plan because there was no plan. Is there risk of duplicating users when importing, or will the system update the record based on each user id?

Thanks for your help guys. Just want to confirm before committing here...

The import icon area of CBSubs does not import new users.

It is used to import/assign new subscriptions to existing users.

The file method (as I posted before and gave manual reference also) calls for lines that contain:

userid,planid,planstatus,startdate

the userid is the id of existing already Joomla/CB users.

Please study the documentation again and let me know what is unclear.

How did you get the impression that there is a risk of "duplicating users"?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn