Notification Errors after payment received

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #191831 by moozarkgrl
Notification Errors after payment received was created by moozarkgrl
New install and using Paypal gateway. I have 2 membership plans - monthly and yearly. Paypal doesn't require an account to pay with VISA/MC now so I had my son subscribe to monthly and test this. I think I worked out any bugs except for this one:
According to Paypal, everything went thru OK. I got a couple of notification errors in CBSubs, 2 being IPN Amount/Item Mismatch / Fraud Attempt and 1 PDT notification not authenticating at gateway. Is there a setting I have wrong?

First two logs are: PDT notification not authenticating at payment gateway and verification is: fail.
Second two logs are: IPN Amount/item mismatch / Fraud attempt and verification is: business email mismatch. First one: web_accept and completed. Second one: web_accept and pending and unilateral. This last one does not have user name or full name but does have same $ amount.

Can you take a look at this?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #192055 by krileon

First two logs are: PDT notification not authenticating at payment gateway and verification is: fail.

Sounds like payment failed, please review History Log for errors for further detail on what went wrong.

Second two logs are: IPN Amount/item mismatch / Fraud attempt and verification is: business email mismatch.

Edit your PayPal gateway within CBSubs then ensure "PayPal Business (email or secure merchant ID):" is set to Merchant ID instead of Business Email Address and "PayPal Main receiver account (email) (if Business is different from your main account):" is the email address you've set as Primary within your PayPal account. This typically resolves the mismatch issue. What the error is saying is the email address sent by PayPal as the receiver of the payment does not match what you configured.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 2 months ago #192094 by moozarkgrl
Replied by moozarkgrl on topic Re: Notification Errors after payment received
Thank you very much for helping me resolve this problem. Everything is updating the way it should. Now I just getting one more error message after user is returned to the site with Registration complete verbage. At the top of the screen it says:
"Invalid address: registration@whatever" repeated several times. If I can get this resolved, I'll have a complete solution.

12 years 2 months ago #192107 by nant

moozarkgrl wrote: Thank you very much for helping me resolve this problem. Everything is updating the way it should. Now I just getting one more error message after user is returned to the site with Registration complete verbage. At the top of the screen it says:
"Invalid address: registration@whatever" repeated several times. If I can get this resolved, I'll have a complete solution.

CB Configuration -> Registration tab -> fill in your email address for site communication.

Also upgrade to CB 1.8

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn