[#3306] Mailer & blocked User on expired subscription

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #192151 by bytekultur
Hello...

We are no testing cbsubs - and love it... only two things i can't bring to work...

We are working with CB 1.8 and CBsubs 1.3.0 RC1

1)
When a user has an subscription plan and it is expired - when the user try's to log in again, the system message is "your login is blocked" - how does this user can refresh (pay) for a new period, when he can't get into his account? Or what did i wrong in the configuration that it doesn^t work?

2)
i Use the new Plugin cbMailer - it looks really good and I made a test - and used the links in the activation tab (cronjob is coming as soon as everything workes fine)

now, the first job, selecting the users and prepare the email, worked.
But the second job, sending the email, does not work. the emails are always in the queue... even if i select them and press "send email" they wont be sent?
any idea what i did wrong?

for any tipps i'm very thankful!

all the best,
maya

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago #192207 by krileon

When a user has an subscription plan and it is expired - when the user try's to log in again, the system message is "your login is blocked" - how does this user can refresh (pay) for a new period, when he can't get into his account? Or what did i wrong in the configuration that it doesn^t work?

Please ensure your plans allow renewal and/or allow upgrade. You've your site configured to not allow free registrations so to prevent users from logging in and using your site without a subscription it blocks them.

But the second job, sending the email, does not work. the emails are always in the queue... even if i select them and press "send email" they wont be sent?
any idea what i did wrong?

Do you receive any sort of message or error? How many emails are you trying to send out at once as it's possible your webhost is blocking you from sending too many. Please also test with debug mode and maximum error reporting configured within Joomla global configuration so fatal errors can be more apparent.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bytekultur

12 years 2 months ago #192459 by bytekultur
Replied by bytekultur on topic Re: Mailer & blocked User on expired subscription
Hello,

Thank you for your tips

It now workes with the upgrading plan - thanks for this input...

the message queue... there are only three mails in the queue, but when i start the cronjob per link it says "No messages in messages queue to be sent."
when i put joomla to the debug mode - there still no error appears?!
no idea why this is not working?

12 years 2 months ago #192566 by krileon
No idea regarding the mailer. I've created bug ticket #3306 for further investigation. It's a new feature still in testing so it likely has some bugs to it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 2 months ago #192605 by beat
For your 2nd issue, it's because the "do not send after" time is applied also in the email queue.

In other words, too much time went by between putting in queue and sending out from queue. That will only very seldomly happen if it's a cron job.

This is a small issue that is already fixed in next release, by allowing up to a day between the two.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn