Make child plan exclusive but not required

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #192448 by MorningstarVideos
Make child plan exclusive but not required was created by MorningstarVideos
I have a children's plan that i would like to make exclusive (i.e., you may only select one of the plans out of all of the children plans for a particular parent) but not required (i.e. you may have the option of selecting ONLY the parent plan.

Is this possible?

As a side question, should i set the duration of the child plan equal to the duration of the parent plan (autorecurring monthly indefinitely) if I want it to unsubscribe if and only if the parent plan is unsubscribed to?

Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago #192570 by krileon
No, you can't have an exclusive non-required plan. Exclusive = Mandatory = Required, they're all basically the same given the situation.

What you can do is set the children plan as non-exclusive then on the workflows tab configure Conditions to prevent other child plans from being selected at the same time. This should give you what you're wanting (single optional children).

As a side question, should i set the duration of the child plan equal to the duration of the parent plan (autorecurring monthly indefinitely) if I want it to unsubscribe if and only if the parent plan is unsubscribed to?

Won't particularly matter as the parent > child plan durations aren't currently dependent on one another and are renewed individually.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn