Payment Expiry emails being sent on an unlimited plan

11 years 5 months ago #216669 by markmck
We have had a number of plans in place for over three years and these have unlimited number of recurring payments. Last month these plans started to send emails to subscribers stating that their plans were expiring.

Nothing has changed on the site and we wonder if this is to do with PayPal whose services we use for payments. Is there a fix for this. The site uses an old version of CB Subs (1.0.3) Will an update fix this?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 5 months ago #216701 by nant

markmck wrote: We have had a number of plans in place for over three years and these have unlimited number of recurring payments. Last month these plans started to send emails to subscribers stating that their plans were expiring.

Nothing has changed on the site and we wonder if this is to do with PayPal whose services we use for payments. Is there a fix for this. The site uses an old version of CB Subs (1.0.3) Will an update fix this?

Are these auto-recurring plans?

Yes you should upgrade really to latest CBSUbs version.

But also check with Paypal - I am sure they have a limit - you cannot create infinite autorecurring plans on their end.

11 years 5 months ago #217161 by markmck
nant,

Thank you for your advise. It has taken a few days to check with PayPal, who say that the expiry and cancellation is coming from the site and nothing to do with them. Yes, these are auto-recurring. I'll try an update and see what happens.

Thanks

Mark

11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #217202 by krileon
Sounds like the recurring subscription is expiring before PayPal has sent the IPN for CBSubs to process causing it to temporarily (could even be for a second) expire. You can workaround this by putting a short grace period on your plans (few days should be fine, I suggest 3).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 3 months ago #220369 by markmck
I did make all the changes suggested and upgraded to the latest version. We still have a number of users who are receiving the plan expired notice. They were asked to check their PayPal settings and found these to be unchanged and correct. When we view the subscriptions these users are shown as Not Autorecurring. Is there a way I can change this for individual users?

Regards

MMB

11 years 3 months ago #220407 by krileon
Existing subscriptions won't use the grace period until they renew. After that point they should use the grace period.

When we view the subscriptions these users are shown as Not Autorecurring. Is there a way I can change this for individual users?

Maybe they purchased with single payments or cancelled recurring payments from their PayPal account.. there's no way to really enforce this as legally they need to be able to cancel the recurring.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn