Can I automatically delete subscriptions after a certain time?

11 years 4 months ago #217944 by derekf
We provide annual subscriptions configured such that when an expired member renews they renew with 12 months from the original expiration date.

We do occaisionally have members who might renew a year or so later, and we'd like to welcome them back without them having to pay potentially a number of subscriptions to get them up to date.

I was thinking the way of doing this would be to delete the subscription after a certain amount of time of it being expired (say 12 months) so that when the member then tries to log in they are prompted for a new subscription as opposed to a renewal.

Is there a way to automate or configure this in CBsubs?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 4 months ago #217982 by krileon
You shouldn't have to do anything of the sort and just set "Manual renewal extends expiration date as follows:" to "Renewal starts at expiration date or at payment date - whichever happens last (allows free gap)" within your plans on the pricing tab (should already be set to this by default).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 4 months ago #217988 by derekf
Thanks for the response.

That's what I had been planning to do, but unfortunately I've been told I can't do that as our organisation wants members who renew late to get their annual renewal from their last expiry date.

This is great for up to 12 months, but after that time renewing renews for 12 months and still leaves you needing to renew again.

We effectively want to 'delete' subscriptions after a certain period of time so that the member will purchase a new one (and there are some other reasons why we need to see a new subscription date to do with membership card processing etc).

11 years 4 months ago #218000 by krileon
CB Auto Actions 3.4.0 now has a CBSubs 3.0 action to Subscribe, Renew, Unsubscribe, or Delete a subscription on CB triggers. However, there is no scheduling feature. CBSubs also has no auto delete of subscriptions either as it's not really recommended. You'll probably just have to manually delete them unfortunately as your use case isn't normal and isn't something we've implemented.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn