Problems with payment baskets

11 years 3 months ago #219922 by aspooner
Problems with payment baskets was created by aspooner
I am using CbSubs 2.0.2, CB 1.8, Joomla 2.5.7. I have a couple of problems with my payment baskets. We use only an offline payment gateway.

First, some baskets have a status of 'Not initiated'. I think this happens if the user signing up for membership does not finish the process, specifically when they don't click on the line that says "Click here to confirm that you are paying offline and to display the payment slip to print". Therefore they will not pay, as they have not seen an invoice. How do you recommend I handle this? Is the only option to email them an invoice?

Second, sometimes a payment basket is not generated at all, even though the user is listed under the User Manager of CB. If I click on the user's name in the CB User manager, then look at the subscription tab, these people are not subscribed to anything. I do not understand how this can happen, as you cannot get through the registration process without selecting a subscription. Can you throw any light on this please?
Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 3 months ago #219960 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Problems with payment baskets

First, some baskets have a status of 'Not initiated'. I think this happens if the user signing up for membership does not finish the process, specifically when they don't click on the line that says "Click here to confirm that you are paying offline and to display the payment slip to print". Therefore they will not pay, as they have not seen an invoice. How do you recommend I handle this? Is the only option to email them an invoice?

As you've discovered they did not complete the payment process. Did they send in a payment? As they're supposed to send in the payment slip with their cash or check. There is no feature to email an invoice. Best I can suggest is go to their profile on frontend then on the subscription tab go through the offline payment process on their behalf using your administrator user then pay the basket from backend.

Second, sometimes a payment basket is not generated at all, even though the user is listed under the User Manager of CB. If I click on the user's name in the CB User manager, then look at the subscription tab, these people are not subscribed to anything. I do not understand how this can happen, as you cannot get through the registration process without selecting a subscription. Can you throw any light on this please?

They probably registered then cancelled the basket. It's very possible to register without a subscription as they need to be registered to make a purchase to begin with. You can set within CBSubs > Settings > Global to not allow free registrations without a subscription though, which will block their accounts on login as they don't have a subscription.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 3 months ago #219980 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Problems with payment baskets

aspooner wrote: I am using CbSubs 2.0.2, CB 1.8, Joomla 2.5.7.

Kind reminder, CBSubs GPL migration promotion ends tomorrow.

See frontpage article.

11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #220265 by aspooner
Replied by aspooner on topic Problems with payment baskets

krileon wrote: They probably registered then cancelled the basket.

On the Display tab, Baskets sub-tab, in the information pop-up beside the 'Cancel subscription link text' item, it says "This is the text that will be shown as a link for cancelling subscription/payment when more than one payment options are present". I only have one payment gateway - an offline payment. Therefore, according to that information pop-up, I should not be seeing a cancellation link, but I am. Why is this? It would solve some of my problems if that link wasn't there.
Thanks.

P.S. Have moved to CbSubs 3.0

11 years 3 months ago #220337 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Problems with payment baskets
That's only if a gateway redirect can be done. You can get rid of the link by setting that parameter as empty (confirmed CBSubs 3.x).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn