Is there any way to import exp dates?

11 years 2 months ago #221897 by coretechs
Is there any way to import exp dates? was created by coretechs
I am importing users from an old subscription management system, and the plans are one year plan or life time. The problem is, some users pre-paid for 5, 10, or even more years of the one year plan. Is there any way to just import the expiration dates or do I need to make a plan for every number of years and import each user into the plan for the number of years they pre-paid for, ie a user who paid for 15 years gets imported into the new 15 year plan. Any help is welcome.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 2 months ago #221981 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Is there any way to import exp dates?
No, expiration dates are calculated on import based off the date subscribed and the duration configuration of the plans. You can edit them within _cbsubs_subscriptions database table or from CBSubs > Subscriptions though, but I do not recommend doing this.

I suggest creating a custom hidden plan for the user that gives them 15 years specifically, but would avoid allowing people to do this without going through normal frontend "renewal in advance" feature (set on a plan by plan basis on pricing tab).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 2 months ago #221985 by coretechs
Replied by coretechs on topic Is there any way to import exp dates?
And if I mess up the subscription import the first time, Can i delete all subscriptions and try again, or do i need to delete users too and re-import both users and subscriptions?

11 years 2 months ago #221987 by krileon
You can edit the users and delete their subscriptions or try importing again with the correct information and see if it replaces the existing. Set "Import" to "No" to test the import.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 2 months ago #222034 by coretechs
Replied by coretechs on topic Is there any way to import exp dates?
Thanks, one last question if I may.

When importing, which takes priority, the statusSingleChar or the subscription date. In other words, if I have a person I am importing with a one year membership starting today, and I mark them as X for status, do they go into the system with a valid one year membership, or do they go in with a one year membership that expired today?

11 years 2 months ago #222046 by krileon
Status is forced so regardless of the dates if you set them to expired they should be expired.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn