[SOLVED] Auto-recurring renewals

11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #222575 by andrew432
[SOLVED] Auto-recurring renewals was created by andrew432
On a live site with 2,500 members I want to change Auto-recurring renewals, and switch from yes subscribe to auto recurring payments (currently all members are set to this), to user choice.
By changing the setting will this just work with all existing subscriptions? or is it more complicated than that?

Joomla 2.5.9, CB 1.9 CB SUBS 3.0.0

Regards,
Andrew

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 1 month ago #222810 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Auto-recurring renewals
You have user choice right now, but you want to change it to recurring? Should be fine. Users already using recurring payments will continue working fine. Those that used single payments will subscribe as recurring on their next renewal.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 1 month ago #223005 by andrew432
Replied by andrew432 on topic Auto-recurring renewals
Kyle,
Thanks for the reply, I want to switch off auto recurring renewals for all members, so they will then have the choice upon renewal.
regards,
Andrew

11 years 1 month ago #223038 by krileon
So you want everything to be single payments instead of recurring? In that case you'll need to go into your gateway account (PayPal I assume?) and cancel all their recurring profiles. Then set all your plans to single payments. If you intend to leave it user choice I don't see why you want to cancel their recurring payments though.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 1 month ago #223041 by andrew432
Replied by andrew432 on topic Auto-recurring renewals

So you want everything to be single payments instead of recurring? In that case you'll need to go into your gateway account (PayPal I assume?) and cancel all their recurring profiles.

It's Authorize.net, I assumed the renewal originated from CBSubs, please clarify.

In subscriptions Some are Manual, Not autorecurring and others are Mandatory, Autorecurring with notifications. Can these fields just be changed in the database?

If you intend to leave it user choice I don't see why you want to cancel their recurring payments though.

I've been asked to do this, there have been some issues with renewal dates that don't make sense.

regards,
Andrew

11 years 1 month ago #223163 by krileon

It's Authorize.net, I assumed the renewal originated from CBSubs, please clarify.

CBSubs triggers the ARB payment, but I believe certain parameters are sent with Authorize.net on original purchase for it to expect ARB payments. I don't know how it works exactly as I did not create Authorize.net.

In subscriptions Some are Manual, Not autorecurring and others are Mandatory, Autorecurring with notifications. Can these fields just be changed in the database?

In general you can not edit a subscription and switch it to recurring and expect it to work. The customer needs to manually renew as recurring instead of single payments. Forcing to recurring when they purchase as manual in most countries is illegal.

I've been asked to do this, there have been some issues with renewal dates that don't make sense.

Change your plans to Recurring only. The next time a user that made single payments renews it will be with recurring and not single payments. That is your only solution. I'm not sure how you'd go about stopping all recurring usages; suppose you cancel them from Authorize.net end.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn