use of eval() and create_function()

11 years 1 month ago #223338 by ignatius2
use of eval() and create_function() was created by ignatius2
Hi,

Does any of your code make use of "dynamic functions" like eval() or create_function()? (CB, CBsubs, GV and add ons)

If so, is it in the back-end or in the front-end of the site?

Thanks

John

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 1 month ago #223348 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic use of eval() and create_function()
eval is used in CB Auto Actions if using a Code action with Method set to PHP eval mode. It's also used in CBSubs to evaluate some conditionals, but I don't know the specific usage. It's also use in CB it self for evaluating some conditions as well, but I don't know the specific usage either.

create_function is used quite a bit and by quite a few plugins.

I don't recommend disabling either of them. If you have to only disable eval.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 1 month ago #223350 by ignatius2
Replied by ignatius2 on topic use of eval() and create_function()
Thanks Kyle,

I run a text search and found out that they were used indeed, however, i could not figure out if it was in the back-end or in the front-end.

Do you have the answer to that question?

Thanks

John

11 years 1 month ago #223352 by krileon
Believe mostly backend, but I can't be 100% sure.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #223355 by ignatius2
Replied by ignatius2 on topic use of eval() and create_function()
If and when I find their exact file locations, in my completed site, would you be able to tell? this could save me a couple of days of work.

Thanks

11 years 1 month ago #223748 by krileon
CB loads various files for various API so probably not. Is there a reason it matters? Are you wanting to disable these functions on frontend, but not backend? Best I can suggest is just block them and see if everything works ok.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn