100+ emails and counting about "Paid subscriptions plugin license problem"!!

11 years 1 month ago #224561 by carlosleon0615
Please help! I am getting TONS of emails about "Paid subscriptions plugin license problem":
"License server could not be reached. Please check that you have Internet connection (connectivity, firewall settings) or try again in half hour. Error:"

Did you guys turn off your license server? Please solve this quickly as I'm getting several emails per MINUTE and I'll very soon reach the max # emails my web hosting company allows to send!

Thanks for your help,

Carlos
CB 1.9
CBSubs 1.0.3
Joomla 1.5.26
PHP 5.3.19
Site: www.EveryoneCanSalsa.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #224601 by beat
CBSubs (non-GPL) 1.x / 2.x license server is running just fine.

Maybe your hoster has turned a firewall on ?

EDIT: The hoster firewalls issues are not present and license server not used at all for CBSubs GPL 3.0.

For these and many other benefits reasons we recommend migrating to CBSubs GPL, which is a simple installation, all settings kept. All CBSubs 1.x/2.x (non-GPL) customers have gotten 3 mails in December/January with a migration offer.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

11 years 1 month ago #224623 by carlosleon0615
I contacted my web hosting company. What is the IP address of the licensing server?
My web hosting company needs it to try and figure out what the problem is.

P.S. I wish updgrading was that simple... but being a live site we can't afford it not working correctly. So, upgrading really means more than 'just upgrade and you're up in 15 minutes'. It means, setting up a local server, duplicate your site locally on this local server and try the upgrade there first. Test. If all goes well, take a full backup and upgrade the live site. Not to count the time it takes to make sure to update/fix the 'language files'...

11 years 1 month ago #224630 by beat
I private-messaged you the IP addresses and ports, as we have redundant servers.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn