CBSubs security error?

11 years 2 days ago - 11 years 2 days ago #225865 by CosmicGlenn
CBSubs security error? was created by CosmicGlenn
I have joomla 2.5
cb 1.9
CBusbs
Kunena Forum
The registration for joomla is off
The registration for Kunena Forum is off.
CB subs is set for only paid members to register

Problem. Some people are still registering and some get auto approved even though options are turned off.

CB Configuration Manager

Allow User Registration "Yes"

Joomla Users Configuration

Allow User Registration "No"

Plug-in Manager: Kunena - Community Builder Integration

Enable Community Builder Login "Yes"

Kunena - Joomla Integration

Enable Joomla Login "No"

Any one have similar problems?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 1 day ago #225942 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBSubs security error?

Problem. Some people are still registering and some get auto approved even though options are turned off.

I don't understand. That makes perfect sense. Turning off Approval and/or Confirmation means they don't need to be approved or confirmed. You need to turn them on if you want Admin Approval or Email Confirmation.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 1 day ago - 11 years 1 day ago #225970 by CosmicGlenn
Replied by CosmicGlenn on topic CBSubs security error?
Im not sure I explained it correctly.

I can turn off the Joomla registration but some how spammers are registering still.
I set to joomla registration members to public and CB registration to Register so I can tell which login they are using. The spammers show up as public. That tells me they are using the joomla registration even though its turned off.

here is an example of a person that registered even though the joomla registration is off

atonfepestada,atonfepestada,Public wekwesbruibra@longlongcheng.com 04/26/2013

IF I could e-mail you then ill send you login info so you can see?

11 years 1 day ago - 11 years 1 day ago #226003 by krileon
I see, please download and install CB Core Redirect found in the Free downloads section. This plugins works at the router level and forces all Joomla users URLs to CB relevant links making it impossible to reach Joomla registration. If this doesn't stop it then they're likely registering through some sort of 3rd party registration page. They shouldn't be able to reach Joomla registration if you have CBSubs Bot installed and enabled though as it already forces to CB registration instead of Joomlas, but if it's not installed and enabled then explains why this could happen. Please PM backend super administrator login credentials if issue persists after using CBSubs Bot or CB Core Redirect.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #226062 by CosmicGlenn
Replied by CosmicGlenn on topic CBSubs security error?
sent.instaalled
CBredrict and cbpaidsubsbot

The problem is still happening.

Made some discoveries. Seems like if a spammer or real person tries to join the site and gets to the pay part and does not pay it still creates a membership with public access.

Is there a way for the info not to be stored unless the person joining pays via cbsubs plan?

10 years 11 months ago #226181 by krileon

Made some discoveries. Seems like if a spammer or real person tries to join the site and gets to the pay part and does not pay it still creates a membership with public access.

Correct, this is normal. A user must be registered before they can use CBSubs. If they don't pay then their registration process stops there. They should be unapproved, unconfirmed, or blocked though depending on if your site allows free registrations or if it has email confirmation and/or admin approval.

Is there a way for the info not to be stored unless the person joining pays via cbsubs plan?

No.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.249 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn